001 | Jet Invasion Voyager-X | Evolve trucks | Dual 6355s 190kv | Custom 10S4p 30Q | Focbox

I just looked up different set screws and there is one called a dog point set screw it has and extend flat piece that keeps everything aligned

Thanks for letting me know, dog point is what you want. I used these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-M4-M5-M6-A2-Stainless-Cone-Point-Grub-Screws-Hex-Socket-Set-Screw-Din-914-/272342289921 and filed them down, I didnā€™t know dog point is a thing :slight_smile:

Can you show me a detailed picture of your sensor wiring? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

No worries. Added a 2nd picture where u can see all wires.

Can you please elaborate on your decision on these motors? How has your experience been? I just see so many motors for >100$. Are they a lot better`?

Nope. The ones you mention resemble like an 8. The ones he is using are different. Take a closer lookā€¦

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/d/1/d1a24729be03e059c9b60ad6087e51c27693907a.jpg

1 Like

Sorry I missed that question. Mounts are gen 3 evolve stock, @BoostedBuilder is right.

this built is a blastā€¦ trying to do a similar one :slight_smile: good job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oooo Iā€™m already subbed to you on youtubeā€¦ whens the video?

1 Like

Iā€™ll make one at some point :slight_smile: I need a rider so I can do the shooting.

Until then:

1 Like

New grip tape, vinyl wrap on the bottom and rubber seal:

And some 107s that I still havenā€™t tested due to bad weather:

14 Likes

I look forward to hearing your preference of the pneumatic or those 107s! Such a great build man

@egzplicit Love the build! How are you finding the racestar motors? Do they have enough power for you?

Nice build, Iā€™m using mostly the same stuff. What connector did you need to change the motor sensors too for the focbox?

Oh. My focboxā€™s have the T where the H1 is. I was getting detection errors. Looks like they labeled my batch wrong! I have the same motors btw.

@Sender due to UK weather I think my first ride on 107s will be next year. Even when it doesnā€™t rain itā€™s constantly wet on the roads and AT does a much better job handling that compared to urethane. Sometimes itā€™s so slippery (at 1C) the rear wheels lock under really hard braking.

@jdnicholson I like these motors, with 140kv and FOC I get 20mph top speed on AT (15T/66T) and 22-23 on 97s (15T/32T). On 107s it should be slightly more at around 25-26mph but I still have to test that.

I increased motor max amp to 60A and there is plenty of torque, accelerated faster than an evolve in GT (did a drag race once) and Boosted. Overall Iā€™m impressed giving the price of these motors. One motor has developed a ticking noise when not under load (with belt and wheel you canā€™t hear it but without you can slightly hear a tick tick) but Banggood was kind enough to already send a replacement. I havenā€™t changed it because it still works just fine but i have a 3rd one just in case. If you need more top speed maybe 200kv is a better option but some torque will be lost. However, overall these motors are great.

@Sippahodge I just cut the hall connector and soldered a jst 2.0mm to fit the focbox.

@navgor yes some batches had the labels wrong, T is next to 5v and not GND.

1 Like

Great build thread @egzplicit ! What camera are you using for your photos? They are really sharp and vivid! Your build has a similar look to one I did years ago, before evolve had parts for sale and we were all using kidā€™s nordic rollerblade wheels lol!

Thanks! Iā€™m using a Sony A6500 and one external flash to take the pictures.

1 Like