001 | Jet Invasion Voyager-X | Evolve trucks | Dual 6355s 190kv | Custom 10S4p 30Q | Focbox

Decided to do some upgrades… the RacerStar are great motors for the price and do have good power but @okp did some great custom mounts for evolve trucks that allow you to fit 63mm motors so I just had to give them a go.

So a marriage between @okp UniK mounts and eskating.eu 6355s 190kv 3510W motors just happened:

5.5mm bullet connectors on the FocBoxes:

The original bullet connector solder job on the focboxes was pretty bad tbh, this is how it looked once I took one out:

Wasn’t impressed at all.

Anyhow, it’s time to do some motor configuration and detection. I still won’t be able to test the new setup due to needing longer belts so I’m currently waiting for a few that should be here next week.

I also got some 36T pulleys from @johnny_261, 15/32T was working fine on my old 140kv motors but for the new 190kv it’s just too fast. Specially on 107s the calculator shows 34mph… I really don’t wanna try that.

New specs with the upgraded motors should be:

Street setup with

• Abec 107s on 15/36T pulleys: 30mph top speed
  • Street setup with Abec 97s on 15/36T pulleys: 27.5mph top speed
  • AT setup with Evolve tyres on 15/66T pulleys: 27mph top speed

Time to do vesc settings now…

8 Likes

Looking good!

Upgrading already I saw this on the eskate page on Facebook

Quick speed test on the new 6355s motors with 107s ABEC 11 and 15/36t pulleys. 27mph reached around the 30 second mark.

8 Likes

Did a quick video of the board:

16 Likes

BRO YOU’RE TALENTED.

The pictures were insane, that video too!

Cool - Thats not a quick video to make! Must have taken tiiiime to edit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Awesome build! Pleasure meeting and riding with you and the guys/gals on Saturday. Thanks for letting me borrow your power bank for a bit, looks like my issue could be a motor phase wire break though not so much remote battery.

Really nice for a first build! Very clean. I am always impressed by the fabrication and building skills of the users of this forum.

Brrriiiiilliant clip ! So cool to watch. Well done :v: we all should make video presentation like for our board !

Thanks guys. @JonathanLau1983 glad you found the issue, better fix that before it fries the controller!

Had the motor apart last night and it seems fine, so I think it’s the other end leading to the ESC. Fingers crossed I can get it done by Friday for Critical Mass.

Whats the lenght on your enclosure? (never mind found it in your part list, shame on me) How big enclosure could you fit on there? How long is the part where a enclosure can be fitted?

Will a 570mm enclosure fit?

What motor drive gear are you using? 15 teeth, could you tell me the width and where you got it from?

Mint build… will be following…

1 Like

@egzplicit I have put together a similar build using dual 6374 motors on the unik evolve mount. My street setup works well. However, the stock 360mm belt for the evolve AT setup won’t fit, its too tight. The original evolve motor pulley is much smaller than the normal keyway pulley that I can see you are using as well.

How are you running your AT setup? Did you have to but a longer belt?

I was thinking I’d go up to a 365mm or 370mm belt but I cant find anyone that sells one.

These are the lengths you need:

15/32T = 265mm belt 15/36T = 280mm belt 15/66T = 375mm belt (this is for AT setup)

I think 370mm would also work but I used 375 with the motors almost all the way back and the tension is spot on. I got my belts from a UK supplier: http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/5M-Section-5mm-Pitch/3755M15-Timing-Belt-6091-p

2 Likes

I use Custom HTD 5M 12 to 20 Teeth Steel Motor Pulley in 9/12/15 width – Electric skateboards parts by Eskating custom steel pulleys with no overhang (otherwise the overhang touches the AT wheels). U can use ones with overhangs but not on AT wheels.

I don’t think so. I’m away on holiday and don’t have the board with me but 520-540 I think was the max. I can measure when I get back home.

No worries, i eventually found the measurements! Using the same deck now, its awesome :wink: