it’s time to share the progress of my 7th build.
- Venom Mach 1 Cannibal 78mm 74a
- Custom pulley with 32T and integrated bearing
- Torqueboards TB 218 trucks
- Globe Prowler drop through deck
- Custom reverse motor mount
- Dual Flipsky 6355 190kV motors
- 12S2P VTC6 battery or 12S Zippy Lipo
- Focbox Unity
- 3D printed enclosures
- Flipsky VX1 remote
- 50-55 km/h (30-35mph)
- 20km of range per pack
- Swappable (changeable) batteries (4 screws)
- Low profile drop through for high stability
- Reverse motor position because it looks dope
It is my second build with this deck already. I sold the first one but I missed this deck, so there for another build. This is my current progress:
As there is no pulley on the market for the Venom Mach 1 Cannibal wheels I decided to make my own ones. As the holes are very thin I went for a version with a bearing inside the pulley. It uses a normal 608 bearing. I have to test if the adapter flanks will be strong enough. If not I’ll make them with small M2.5 screws wich will stick out of the pulley body. Here is the result:
The fit is perfect. I designed the pulley that 3 washers take place between the pulley and the wheel bearings. I chose 32T because of the small diameter of the wheels.
As I said I really love this deck. I took this from a scrapped longboard. I will sand and paint it completely but just after all holes for the inserts and stuff are done. Color will be something like the griptape. I had to cut the back of a little, so that the motors fit.
I designed the enclosures myself so that they hold the batteries I want at a small outer size. Also I want to upgrade the battery of my Foosted build to 12S. The goal is to use the battery on both boards. Also I’m not 100% sure about the battery yet. I’m going for VTC6 in first place but might also make one from two 6200 mAh Zippy compact. The case sizes might differ slightly but the mounting pattern will be universal. The battery case will be also closed with a lid and a few screws. Unfortunately I have to print it in two pieces as my printer is not big enough.
The case for the Unity also holds a battery meter. It is designed as small as possible because the deck gets very narrow at the back.
On the deck it looks like this:
The motor mount:
I wanted drop through and a reverse mount because the motors won’t really have enough clearance in the normal position. And I guess it really looks so much cooler with a reverse mount. As for now the plates are solid stainless steel (laser cut). The trucks rings are 3D printed. I’m not sure yet how they will hold up. I plan to make this aluminium later in the process. Also I’m waiting for the cross bars between the plates. So this point is still in progress.
If someone is interested in the pulley or the mount you can write me a dm Making the rings aluminium would be easier if it wouldn’t be just two pieces
Let me know what you think of this build. I’m currently waiting for all the electronic parts but I hope I can finish it in a few weeks. Stay tuned for the updates!