105mm airless tire hub motor

Durability, softness and rolling resistance would be interesting compared to ABEC 107mm wheels.

Ill be using them with vescs. I just have them lying around for now. I could take out the rear wheel drive from my existing board and replace with these, but my current board has only 5S battery. Don’t think it’s going to work well.

was there ever a motor that didnt work with a vesc? just asking, havnt heard of any. if they have less resistance than pneumatics great, if it is not much more, i would still use them since they are less prone to damage and they are probably also lighter. but not sure about that part.

ah, this hub need at least 10s to work well. looking forward the review…

yeah, the program is different. so we suggest to get our ESC together, the remote is compatible.

yes, the motors do have the temp sensor, and it can handle20A. but you need to confirm the max amp of ESC.:thinking:

Where can I find the pinout for the motor connector?

yes, the easy connector comes(4.0mm bullet connector) along with the motors.

yes, thanks for the update. 48KV is another motor.

Beautiful!!!

Guys @SKULLBOARD wan’t official dimensions of ABEC cores and Kegel where can I find that for them ? Hope they will produce the wheels in the end

1 Like

Somebody made them in 3d. Don’t remember who it was. @moon maybe?

Some 3Ds can be found on Grabcad. Don’t know how accurate they are. https://grabcad.com/library/evolve-abec11-f1-wheel-107-mm-1 https://grabcad.com/library/flywheel-skateboard-wheel-clones-1

2 Likes

Here is a link to the kegel core in the boa 100mm

2 Likes

Hi,

Not sure what this thread is about but my measurements weren’t exact and they were just for show, so I knew what clearances were for my gear drives

2 Likes

I bought the same hub kit from Dani here on the forum and then found Min’s site to order the ESC, stoked to see what these can do.

I have been >this< close to calling a friend in Ohio and having rear rubber tires made for the Raptor 2 for some time. The problem is rolling resistance as you can imagine; higher resistance from friction, specifically, and the heat that comes along with that.

For these Skull (Jomo / Koowheel hubs) my only concern is heat.

The hubs are 350W and are insulated in a giant piece of rubber that we know will deform as it heats up - what could possibly go wrong? lol we need @b264 to bring us back to reality :cool:

In regards to using Vedder-compatible ESCs instead of the SB ESC: my concern is braking at >1 MPH in FOC - we have an entire thread on how in some cases brakes will grab at slow speeds in FOC (my @kaly does not do this, but my other board does).

Since the Skull Board cans are wearing real automotive car tire rubber, which will be nicely heated simultaneously from the hub on the inside and friction street-side (it’s a feature!) the rear tires should be nice and sticky and VESC FOC brakes could just halt the board outright, Meepo V2-style.

I suppose we will find out in time. The last cruiser prototype we tried with Jomo (Koowheel) hubs and VESCs, the board got slower with almost too-high torque, there was no benefit.

4 Likes

i am not a fan of hubs. thats why i wait for the abec/kegel cores to mount my outrunner on these wheels. Comfort and no excess heat from the hub motors, plus the torque of belt drive.

4 Likes

Just received an update from DHL stating that the Skullboard ESC is out for delivery. I’ll be sure to post an update later this evening, or tomorrow, to let you all know what kind of difference / improvement it made switching from the Ownboard ESC to the Skullboard ESC. :+1:

3 Likes

Anyone know how reliable these truck are?Dual_Hub_Motor_Truck_-_SKULLBOARD_1_de4f1dcb-4de9-4218-8fe0-0c84abe98c59_2000x

hey @SKULLBOARD what are the dimensions of the front truck?