10s Charge Only BMS [US]

Is there a downside to doing this? Why doesn’t everyone do it?

some people like discharging through them. discharging through a bms gives you low voltage and amperage cutoffs, which in my opinion, are unnecessary for our application since all those can be handled with vesc settings.

1 Like

Ah… The VESC handles the cutoffs. So the discharge/charge BMS is for secondary safety.

1 Like

I have a 10s bms from a hover board with the charger. Not sure if that would work but if it would PM me. I’m in NY

I don’t even know the amp rating for it but it was previously connected to a 10s2p pack for charge and discharge, so I think for charge only it doesn’t really matter

It also adds additional risks. You now have an extra failure mode. Plus, if the battery is completely full and you hit the brakes, the BMS will disable your brakes to not overcharge the battery. Not sure about you, but I’d rather damage the battery than myself

1 Like

@GrecoMan, still have if you need it.

Watched couple his videos & he also have a website Idk much about them but here’s a BMS from the site

I need a 12s charge only… sorry for the spam but I can’t start a thread yet lol.

how much do you want for just the bms?

Greco…come on man…

the whole reason this thread was started was because i don’t have $40 more to throw away :rofl:

:frowning: OP looked like the reason was waiting from China to me…

1 Like

I feel like people should always assume I have no $$ unless stated otherwise lol

2 Likes

$20 shipped

I will throw in 2 sets of 2 pin aviation connectors for an extra $5 if u want. Brand new, never used.

Let me know @GrecoMan an, so I can ship them out tomorrow.

it’ll be probably saturday or sunday before I let you know. getting a 10s balance charger as a “trial” to balance and check internal resistances to see if it’s even a problem with the bms

Ok np 10 charc

1 Like