10s4p 18650 build using vape sleds

Cool man! I’m totally inspired by your build. It’s a little pricey for those sleds, but it sounds like the tradeoff could be pretty freakin’ sweet. You could swap out to a totally different battery type, chemistry, or whatever without changing a thing. Too Cool! I soooooo want to try this out.

Yeah def sounds really pricey but does save alot of soldering and worryin about burning a hole and lighting your li-ion on fire :fearful:

would be cool if someone started a product line of 6-10s ready sleds at a better cost ratio for the DIY battery guys like us

Where are those sleds from? Are they custom made or are they online somewhere for sale?

Thanks for replying in the thread.

1 Like

EDIT: The sleds are 3d printed. Something like above.

I got mine from brimstonevapeco.com $70 all said and done. They are custom just email with what you want

1 Like

How are the sleds doing?! I really like the freedom from soldering or spot welding but worried about the vibrations of my stiff board breaking connections.

What’s the electrical resistance compared to soldering or spot welding? I’ve heard the best connections with the least resistance can be achieved with compression. The solder tabs can’t be made of copper because it’s too conductive and wont build the heat needed to melt it with a spot welder.

i have had a few breaks but only with lead based solder silver is stronger.

im not on the forums much right now because pokemon go is a thing.

Hahaha

Totally wondering abt you…MIA…

Thought they sent you to Timbuktu or something

oo so you soldered the connections to the cells and they dont just slide in? cant you do pokemon on your board? i havent seen any of the pokemon people wandering but i heard there were a lot at the beach

its soldered to the tab on the sled so i can take cells out of the board as easy as you can take cells out of a tv remote.

I wonder how bad the resistance is. Have u had any dropped connections?

3 Likes

Hey. Been reading tons. Great forum and great group!

I’m in the middle of my own build using sleds (8s3p). I bought sleds (2 batteries each) off ebay and soldered each pack with high temp wire. Something to think about (I’m trying it) is to use velcro stripping to hold down batteries across the middle. I’m doing it for each pack of 4 batteries to stop bounce. This still gives me quick and easy access while giving the strength.

I’m building now so I don’t have pics yet. The sleds already have slits on the edges where I can feed the velcro. I’m also mounting the sleds with thin foam gasket material.

Anyway, thought I’d throw in my 2 cents. (First post!)

-S

Anyone else have success with using these? Or a specific sled out there already that’s cheap?

That is my 12s8p sled pack. Also flexible as you can see.

Got it from here https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4x18650-Li-ion-Battery-Storage-Plastic-Clip-Holder-Case-Box-8-Pin-Contact-Black-3-7V/32542313202.html

Also flexible

2 Likes

Wow that’s huge. Do u get any dropped connections or rattling? Do you do anything to keep them in the sleds better or is it just the lid holdi them against the board? Added capacitors? How bad is the resistance?

I’ve been searching for a good sled for a while but not much to go on

http://www.batteryblocs.com/

1 Like

This is so cool!! Seems a little unnecessary though right?

If they could do one cell deep id be interested. Trying to find the sled witht he greatest compression and thickest tabs