10s4p 6x2" Pneumatic with Twin G160/Twin VESC

When you get around to it could you post a range test with that set up as well as your test rider weight. I’m still toying around with 10S-12S multi phase power pack. Just hope to keep it all under 10kg so it is a realistic commuter board.

Yeah. It will be a little while though. I’m awaiting knee surgery.

Been there. Get well soon, hopefully you will have a hot physical therapist. LOL

1 Like

I made a partition for my VESC’s out of ABS scrap that I had. Should keep everything separate and safe.

1 Like

Finally got some time to mess around with my vesc’s today. Everything is working! I ran the FOC tests and made some small adjustments. VERY PLEASED!

Cant wait to put some miles on this rig! Woot!

2 Likes

What are the dimensions of the 10s4p battery? Do you have a low profile enclosure like the one for space cell for it? Thinking of upgrading and using spacecell on a single drive board.

My 10s4p does fit in the Low pro enclosure. you would need to use split 21" version though to accomodate the vesc. -On a side note, if you didn’t want the enclosure that long it could be trimmed at the seam to make it shorter.

I used my Split sym enclosure which is 19.5" long and a little deeper than the low pro. The reason is I stacked my vesc’s side by side on top of my battery.

1 Like

I barely fit the spacecell and 2 vesc in the 21 inch… but i guess the bms isnt in the packaging so it may be about the same size.

How are you powering your voltmeter ?

It’s wired to the positive and negative of my loop key switch

I have bought a Drok Voltmeter,it need 3-30 volts to power it , but can measure from 0-100V ,so i need to get power elsewhere than directly from the battery. Is’nt there a 5 v out on the vesc ?

I believe it does. You’ll have to check with @chaka

Have you considered using a pocket hole jig for drilling clean low angle holes. I have one and it’s amazing. Requires a step drill bit.

I will have to check one out!

I would turn the motor mounts so they face inward on the board. Then the motors would be under your sweet deck, and may be more protected while giving your board a more sleek look.

1 Like

All builds are different. You’ll eventually notice I have many and that I made those parts, and know that they can mount that way, and didn’t do that because it’s a drop deck, mounted drop through, with 63mm motors. Lol