10s6p vs 12s5p can't decide

According to all the tests and Alan eboosted they are the tits. Been scouring the vapers for info and they can safely discharge up to 40amps. Thats crazy. They state 35a but as the 30q states 15a and we all run them safely at 20a Bigger size 21700 but when you factor in less P it makes sense. More dollars though

13s5p 30t :smiling_imp: yaaas

2 Likes

Damnit youll probably build it before I get mine :anguished:

either way all that range and all the potential power :drooling_face:

That will tear the thane off the cores. Have to be careful to stay under the limits of the motor controllers with that pack.

Psh samsung just unveiled a new EV 2170 battery. This pack below charges in 20 minutes and goes 370 miles supposedly samsung_sdi_battery_cell-e1483989875932

6 Likes

Is that that solid core lithium cell? Been rumours of a completely safe solid pack that outperforms anything by a country mile

I can’t tell, they’re keeping tight lipped but it’s supposed to be a direct competition to teslas new cells. Slated to hit mass market 2021 :cry:

2 Likes

Not the same things then because these ones are due to drop soon apparently. Nice to have some more choices coming through though. Definitely not the time to sink dollars into a new 30q pack.

1 Like

2021 is too far away for me. Anybody knows whats the largest 30Q cell battery type I can fit inside a @psychotiller Evo enclosure with two VESCs and BMS?

IMG_20190113_154845

IMG_20190113_154804

Edit: first warning up there :point_up_2: with @dareno’s neg. 30Q advice. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t take anything I say seriously dude lol Still the best bang for your buck out there right now. I just won’t be spending on a new pack just yet.

1. because I’ve got nothing for it to go in
  2. because I’ve got nothing for it to go in

That’s not entirely true. If the 12S can offer more acceleration then in theory you could use the same amount but in reality, you will use more which means less range.

12s5p. Tight fit. laid out like this pack on the bottom of the pic.

4 Likes

Wow!! Nice @psychotiller!! Now the sweet news… how much foh da brick ?

( 12s5p or 10s6p )

$515 either way. However. I’ve found an issue with our 12 bms’s looking for a new supplier/model.

I have alot of 10s bms’s that are sweet.

1 Like

Should i be worried or thinking about replacing mine?

1 Like

No. what it is, is that some of the bms’s they sent me like to stay at nominal voltage. So, if you charge your board to 4.2v per cell and ride it works perfectly. If you charge to full voltage and let your board sit for a month it will take your cells back down to 3.6v per cell. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it means your bms always feels warm until it gets back to nominal. just annoying really, because it’s not what I friggen ordered!!

The way to check is fully charge your pack. check the voltage to confirm it’s 100%. Then wait 10 or 15 minutes. Feel the bms. If it’s cool to the touch you’re good! If not we can switch it out if you want. (when I get new Beemusses)

4 Likes

@psychotiller what say you, 10s6p or 12s5p?

Lol i know the answer. I didn’t listen

Well, personally my bros and me like 10s. No issues with power anywhere. No issues with switches. No issues with foc on any speed controller. No issues with bms’s. The new 6 type vescs, focboxes, and unities are great with 12s anyway.

I’d say go 10s. 60 cells is 60 cells.

4 Likes

Unless somebody wants to trade their unity against 2 focboxes I better stick with 10s6p for safety reasons.?