11s9p Sanyo NCR18650GA Battery for Dual 6374?

I’ve just built a 10S9P pack with NCR18650GA cells for my Trampa with dual 6374s which has been built to climb big off road dirt tracks. I’ve only given the board a few quick test runs at this point but its handling things really well so far.

Going 9P with these cells when you’re not even really planning on going off road should be a non issue.

Not sure what chemistry Samsung’s 30Q uses exactly but I believe these Sanyo cells are essentially the same chemistry that Tesla use (LiNiCoAlO2) so I’m expecting to get a decent amount of cycles out of them.

Looking to do some more serious off road hill climb testing this weekend so will be interesting to see how things go.

2 Likes

I also have them in 10S3P, climb lots of hills with ease, dual 5055, I can climb 17% at 30km/h The limit speed for climbing higher inclines is 17km/h due the duty cycle ratio between battery and motor current, in that condition I tried a max of 22% so far

They should be great in big P config, there’s a point that there is not reason to have more discharge since you prabably never use it

Also worth mentioning that Mooch’s tests are done with these cells pushing 10A for the entire time till they’re completely discharged, something that never happens for our use case.

At 9P, chances of using anywhere close to 90A for more than a few seconds at a time seem pretty minimal unless you’re doing some crazy hill climbing :slight_smile:

I’ve been told if you take proper care of these cells you can get up to 2000 charges without any crazy degradation. We’ll see.

1 Like

I think the cells are fine :slight_smile:

How long have you been riding your board?

1 Like

Here’s hoping. I’ve got my charger cutoff set to 41V and I tend not to discharge below 30% or so that should help a lot

1 Like

I’ve read like every 10th time its actually good to fully charge and discharge (not below 31V). @moon I’ve only got about 2.5 months on that pack. So time will tell.

Any updates on the cells performance in 10s3p config

I want to build a battery for 6374 single 190kv

Perfectly fine, I’m nearly 300km on them, same performance as the first time I tested, managing do ride 36 km with a 33 km/h or 44 km if I limit the board to 25 km/h

But… the more I ride the more I want more in certain situations, like hills that I have to keep up with traffic, other than that it’s perfect for me, I’d rather loose a bit of climbing and be able to run 44+ km than climb one or two hills more quickly and have less range

Wow thanks

36km with 10s3p?

:smiley:

Yep, this is my run with the 25 Km/h speed limit, was adjusting to the new deck when I did and the confidence was low, if I have time i will do this same route again with the higher limit, the 36 Km is based on the consumption I’m getting, 10,3 Wh/Km

1 Like

Yep. That falls in line with my 35-40mile range on my 10S4P cruiser.

1 Like

Are there any hills in your area/are you throttle heavy or a constant speed carvey kinda ridey. Cause i get like 20 18 miles hard riding on my 10s4p :smiley:

Riding style changes the range a bit for me, but not too much, if I’m just riding near my house I ride more aggressively, but at long rides is almost constant speed and a hill and another, there’s not too places I can ride here, smallish city and I guess half of the streets are bad pavement to ride

I made a new mode limiting the currents and speed a lot, let’s see if I can crack 50 Km

Woah I cant get 20km with 10s4p 30q

1 Like

I think my 5055 motors are a big factor on that, I use the same amount of energy I used with a single 6355