120kv motor India

Hey guyzz,I from India. I was doing my project on electric skateboard. I came to know that motor with 120kv to170kv is the best fit for skateboard. Is there anyplace in India where I can buy such motors and other parts as well??? I dont want to buy from chinese websites

1 Like

I would say that 170Kv to 210Kv is probably best for 10S and 12S batteries.

190Kv and 200Kv are great

1 Like

my wheel are 6inches in diameter . For this I need more torque, speed is main factor for me. can i go with 170 or 190kv motor?? also if still use gear reduction , for high torque , current will be higher in case of 190KV than 120Kv or 170kv. As max speed is 16mph and I need high torque. should I Still go with 190Kv???

You didn’t mention battery voltage, but yes if you use a large wheel pulley to compensate it should be fine.

Using a higher Kv and bigger gear reduction also means you rely on sensors less or can simply not use them at all for higher reliability

1 Like

you would be buying from china either way, you can get off to a pretty good start with a flipsky AT wheel kit and motors.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I have 37V of supply , and according to my calculation only 24 volt is required which can be managed through vesc. I found Flipsky 140KV motor , with 7NM of torque and 2450W, I think it will be a choice with gear reduction of 5.