12s4p better late than never

so which one? At 2P you’ll obviously get in trouble. Those are weak battery packs

1 Like

At 2P you need to go either VTC6 or A123 Lifepo cells

1 Like

Is it from Miami boards

1 Like

So VTC6 it is… where is cheapest source im looking here

https://liionwholesale is only one i should use? Im curious I didn’t know there were fakes going around…

https://ru.nkon.nl/sony-us18650vtc6.html

Another alternative that you could measure is 20700 cells instead of 18650 - they are larger but will be even better capacity and current wise.

BTW: according to the discharge curves the VTC6 seems to not be that much better than a 30Q. Better yes but I am not sure if you will notice much of a difference. The 30Q are already pretty good in terms of voltage sag

1 Like

i could do longer cells but not taller, just measured its 3/4" tall inside. i couldnt prove it was voltage sag, as I was not actively monitoring i get cuttoffs though randomly under full load could very well be BLDC settings I never did the calcuations myself , and used suggestions

giving away some eskate parts. the condition is used, i gave up trying to setup (2x) benchwheel but one reciever boots blue, and enertion spare parts/ motor mount plate! and i gave up on the clamp portion of mount material strips 2 easy

im sure some smart person will have a use for them, and i will mail them

2 Likes

how much are you looking to sell them for ?

giving randomly some parts away for free once im done working on this battery build =)

oh really? can i have them please :slight_smile:

gotta be fair and do it random, im throwing in another benchwheel remote and reciever as well they are (spare parts and reciever does not boot) =P

so im going to order like 22 batteries to get started or do i need to order more because of potential duds?

If you’re buying from a reputable seller, I’ve seen very few 18650 duds. It’s usually all or nothing (ie all fakes, or all fine). Many still do buy 1 or 2 extras and end up using them for something else, so it may still be worth it if you get bulk pricing

2 Likes

thanks for letting me know!

project is underway =)

I KNow!! I should have waited till I had everything first, however this gives me some time to figure out what im going to wrap the batteries with probably that electrical clear tape, and i still have to sort out the wiring, I will include pics, and all steps off process as well… anyone think gluing cells is ok?

ITS HERE!!! XD

going to dig up some tutorials… i noticed only the left side makes a clicking noise and timing them both to go “up” is rather difficult… alright… Cells are coming very soon… excited mine came with some nickle strips to get me going 12s here I come!! Where do I get the battery wrapping stuff I know I need at least to cover with tape first then the shrink wrap… still havent decided which BMS but ive got some nice pics that might help clear this up… I can’t really use my right arm right now as I dislocated it in my fall this morning(worst feeling ever), but once I heal up I should be able to ride… If anyone has vesc suggestions that are affordable let me know… im in the ~150 range…

1 Like

times getting closer to build… so today i tore down my secondary 12s2p. looks like it will need a little maitenence… also the bms has arrived… this build is very very slow… but more to comes soon!!

2 Likes

As much as I love kapton tape, I would advise against sealing in the battery with it. It’ll trap all the heat.

its like opening a booster pack… feels great to tear open!! XD

recommendations for packaging are welcome =)