12s4p Samsung 30q battery range problem (attached vesc riding data)

My battery came with the bms fully wired, both for charging and discharge (12s2p 30Q). I’m having similar issues to this thread, would you still reccomend a direct connection? Seems worth trying.

Got it from Torqueboards? Or where did you get it at?

12S2P is a bit weak. But a BMS in the discharge cycle is always a bad idea if you ask me. Because it can cut power at any time. And it doesn’t tell you anything about it’s status. So it’s better to only use it for charging and check the single cell voltage from time to time manually to see if the cells are roughly balanced. Would be better if the BMS beeps when something is wrong instead of cutting power. BTW i have no bms in any of my boards. I use a external charger or check the cells from time to time manually.

Is it a torque board battery too??

Hey man I wanted see what you ended up doing with your Battery? I have the same issues with my TB 12s4p. I took it off my board and noticed if I put a little pressure on the back with my hands it would shut off. Just trying to see if you sent it back and what the issue was. Thanks

@Fearless562 Your issue would most likely be that something is hitting the back of the LCD. There are some buttons on the back of the LCD and they are being pressed. The battery should still be on it’s just the LCD that is turning off. You would have to open it up and move the components so they aren’t hitting the LCD. They could of gotten shifted.

Yeah it feels as though something shifterd slightly. Would that also cause the board to power on and off when riding? It seems like when I accelerate hard it kicks off and then regains power a few seconds later.