14 year old's first build Custom Deck | 6354 190kv | Custom Mount | Custom ABS Enclosure | 8s 5000mah LiPo | 90mm Flywheel Clones

Would call it just ‘‘Scuba’’ as you @Smorto had a sticker with such name on your deck

too bad you said it you lost it in the puddle :d which might not be the best thing to associate the board with, maybe :smiley:

Though I think it is a good name, if you dont mind the lost sticker :smiley:

Thanks for the input, I will try to think of something :joy:.

Im 15 and waiting for my parts to arrive, super exited

Nice! where did you get those charging adapters?

If I could offer some advice on your motor mount. use at least 6mm thick aluminium I think what you have there might be too thin and will probably bend easily.

This is crazy awesome, dude! Absolute KUDOS!!

1 Like

I think miamielectricboards sells them, should be @oriol360’s shop

2 Likes

Yup, https://miamielectricboards.com.

1 Like

Nothing has happened yet, but I will definitely look for it, thanks!

Just got back from a ride while using a tracking app. I was surprised because my top speed was about 3 MPH higher than the calculator I used said it would be. The range was also more then I expected.

1 Like

@Smorto well I also get higher speed than the calculator says I would get… I usually just adjust the efficiency a bit higher than it gives at stock.

Do you know how much charge went into your battery when you charged it?

That way you could calculate the actual consumtion at that speed…

The battery should have been at 33.6 but I think it was more around 33.4 or 33.3.

@Smorto mh, that does not really give much info to work with :smiley:

Im not even sure what voltage system (8s - 10s) are u using and unless u know your exact capacity at that voltage level, it might be hard to tell the exact energy use…

U would just need to charge your battery with Imax B6 or a similar smart charger and tell what numbers you see there…

Then you can more or less estimate the average per mile consumtion, by dividing that ‘‘capacity’’ number by the miles you did…

I hope this is not super obvious for you as it could be and that you still got some ideas on how to measure it better.

I am using an 8s system as mentioned in my first post. My Imax charger shows 33.6V which is 4.2V per cell at 8S. I am not sure what other information you would need and to be honest, I don’t quite understand what we are calculating here :joy:.

After chargeing it tells you how much energy (WH) it put back into the battery. With that you can calculate the average real world power consumption per mile. Haveing this, you can get a better range estimate.

What I wanted to point out… is that you cannot always be 100% sure that you use 5000mah out of your battery pack…

One thing is what is written on the label and the second one is what really happens in real life.

I would say, you could sqeeze out around 4.6-4.8ah out of that pack.

Then at 8s nominal volts, you should get around:

4.7ah x 29.6v = 139.12 Wh Then, by calculating 7.88 miles you made, you would get around: 17.65 wh/mi or 10.96 wh/km At average speed of around 15mph (14.77) / 23.77kmh

– I asked for numbers shown on charger screen, because it can make a difference…

For example, if you do get 5ah out of your 2 serially connected 4s packs (8s total), Then total Wh count of energy, would be more like: 5 ah x 29.6v = 148 Wh

So… almost half mile more added to the distance.

I usually don’t run my batteries down all the way to 3.2 so they are normally around 3.4 or 3.6 when I finish. The charger usually shows about 4300+ Mah when it is done. Thanks for that explanation though, it really helped me understand what you are calculating.

1 Like

Yeh, then with calculation you would now get:

4.3 ah x 29.6v = 127.29 Wh

Then 7.88 miles

127.29 wh / 7.88 mi = 16.15 Wh / mi

10.03 Wh / km

@

15mph (14.77) / 23.77kmh

So theoretically, you can safely still ‘‘sqeeze’’ almost or about 1 mile more out of the pack.

Awesome thanks! Just out of curiosity where did you get the 7.29 from in the second equation?

Thanks for spotting that… missed first 2 digits… it was calculated watthours…