$1500 Dual Motor Board & $1200 Single Motor Board For Sale

I have been building electric skateboards for a little over a year now. I have made 3 boards for myself as well as helped a few friends with boards of their own. I am currently trying to start my own business building complete boards out of high quality DIY parts.

While I have built multiple boards for myself, I have also ridden hundreds of miles on each and they are no longer clean and unscathed enough to use for really good quality product pictures and videos. I am interested in finding someone who would be willing to pay for just the cost of parts & shipping for a new board. I want to build 1 single motor board and 1 dual motor board.

I have linked up with a friend who has a DSLR camera and we are going to record & edit the whole build process to show how the board is made and show off the high quality components and attention to detail. We will use the video to market future builds and post the video to Youtube and the website.

Here is the current list of parts and total cost. The approximate build time will be 4-6 weeks after receiving payment. Please note the total does not include shipping cost to ship the completed board.

(~$1500) Dual Motor Build: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JZ6s1BgMQXy2sh1AbnoxyHD8t6uw8au7RkWlMVlm5is/edit?usp=sharing

(~$1150) Single Motor Build: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IwPg-xOJok94b8RrXg0SEVAGI4A3uNeeVmrp2YRI9bU/edit?usp=sharing

Reply to this thread or DM me if you are interested.

If you want to check out the very beginnings of my website the link is CustomEboards.com.

4 Likes

Why do you use 25R cells instead of 30Q cells?

3 Likes

Cheaper, higher advertised current. But you know that @b264 . Beware! It’s a trick question, he’ll end-up educating you.

6 Likes

LoL No; I am genuinely curious. Maybe 30Q are out of stock.

2 Likes

Higher discharge rate.

I know that you can theoretically discharge 30Q batteries @20A continuous, but I wanted to work within the range that the batteries are rated since this will be a commercial build. Therefore I choose 25R batteries for the lower cost & higher advertised discharge.

2 Likes

But I buy parts to order so if someone prefers 30Q I can certainly make it happen.

nooooooo!!! Go look up 30Q vs 25R. I’ve written extensively about it.

3 Likes

Sounds good, one question tho, why 260kv motor? Why not use a 190kv and 12s4p

2 Likes

If I was considering buying a board from a fairly new and unknown esk8 builder, first thing I would want to see is how battery is built in detail.

4 Likes

Wait, 260 KV at 12s4p? Does that even work? Thought that was beyond the capabilities of the Focbox?

1 Like

It’s debated about , some say the Focbox has the 60K limit others say it doesn’t. I doubt the motor KV is actually 260 since KVs are almost never the listed value

1 Like

you can easily test the kv with vesc, maytech ratings are correct btw

1 Like

I have read about the difference and I am aware of the higher voltage sag from 25R batteries, however I need a 4p12s battery pack that can provide 80A continuous to power a dual motor setup. I did not feel comfortable pulling 80A continuous from a 4p 30Q pack because the batteries are simply not rated for that by the manufacturer. I know that any rider would hardly ever pull 80A for more than a few seconds, however if I am selling a board, I have no idea what a person might do (such as towing people up hills). In this case, I wanted to choose hardware that is well within the capabilities of the possible demands of the rider without sacrificing performance. I don’t want someone to buy a board, abuse the battery by pulling too many amps continuously and then blame me if it breaks.

I do think that 30Q cells would be better for the single motor build since not as much continuous power is needed, but cells are cheaper when you buy in bulk so I intend on using the same kind of cells for both boards.

Yes I certainly understand. Within the next few weeks I am planning on recording a video of how I build my batteries and a breakdown of my current boards. Right now I am trying to see if there would be any interest before I take the time and money to purchase batteries and record the video.

1 Like

I have used a 12s4p setup for dual 260Kv for awhile. I have reached a top speed of 37mph w/o giving full throttle. I never once had any issues with it. 14/37 gear ratio.

For the single I use a single 190Kv motor and the dual I choose dual 6355 3100W 260kv motors because it is what is available and 2 of them will fit on a standard caliber 2 truck. Instead of sourcing motors a bulk orders of motors from Maytech, for the first build I am using motors from TorqueBoards because of the fast shipping. I don’t want someone to be waiting forever for their board because I have to wait on shipping from China.

1 Like

190Kv 6355 motors from torqueboards would work fine too but it’s rated for slightly lower power output. It’s the same price either way, but the only downside of 260Kv is the ERPM limit which I have never reached even at 37mph so I considered it a non-issue.

1 Like

Just a note, I do plan on sourcing parts directly from manufacturers in the future, but I want to see if there is a legitimate market for a product like this before I start forking over large amounts of cash to stock eskate parts.

3 Likes