$1500 Dual Motor Board & $1200 Single Motor Board For Sale

They might be rated for higher wattage but the 190kv is a better choice for more torque and you will get to the same speed as both will be limited to 60k erpm

Alright. I was under the assumption the ERPM was 100k for a FOCBox & 60k for a 4.12 VESC. I will change the parts list when I get home to have 2 190kv 6355 motors since both can handle 50A continuous from the battery.

@kuphjr Iā€™ve heard 25rā€™s heat up at 20a.

But samsung Q30ā€™s will give you 15a solid and cool and come with more range. But If you wanna penny pinch and pitch a super high wattage board sure whatever.

@blitz Like I have stated before, I can do anything anyone wants if they request it, but my personal preference has always been a battery optimized for high current draw so thatā€™s what I put in the parts list. I love the punch that 100A continuous gives. Also, at 5p, range is almost a non-issue. My legs get tired far before the battery quits.

Questions for DUAL Motor Build ā€¦ (1) Where do you place the KAYAK HANDLES you listed. Side? Nose? (2) The boardā€™s TOTAL WATTS will be 3100W, not 6200W, correct? (3) I care more steep HILLS than speed. Will I like this Dual Design?

The kayak handle will be mounted to the side. One one of them will be mounted per board. They work super well and donā€™t vibrate or make any noise at all.

Technically the motors are rated for 6200W total, but since the max current of the battery is 100A for 5p the continuous power would be ~5000W at full charge. However, the VESCs settings can be changed to draw 60A each from the battery for ~6000W burst. Samsung 25R batteries should be able to handle that with the 12s5p battery configuration in short (5 second) bursts. You can do this at your own risk if you want the extra power. As long as you donā€™t tow people and are under ~250lbs you should be fine changing the settings to 60A.

Finally, if you want a board built for hills I would do 190kv motors and 14/40 gear ratio. The top speed would be just over 25 it should destroy any hill.

2 Likes

I get around 25 with 190 kv at 15/40 and 97s. How would you get to 35ish with even lower ratio?

@sebike I apologize, I totally plugged that into the eskate speed calculator and looked at the wrong number. This is what I get for posting on my iPhone while at workā€¦ Post has been corrected.

1 Like

If youā€™d prefer to use a pre built battery I have a company that I have worked with in the past from China that have built me a few super high quality batteries for my skateboard

Can you send me a link? Iā€™ll check it out to see if it is a viable option.

I donā€™t think you fully understand. If you want to go with 25Rs because they are cheaper then thatā€™s fine, but I would like for you to understand that they do not by any measure provide more power than a 30Q cell. Please go look at the datasheets and spec sheets further than page 2. Forget what the rated current is and look at the data and graphs presented. If you want me to explain why 30Q is better, I will but I want to give you the chance to go look at it yourself and make an educated decision. If you decide that 25R is still the higher current cell, explain why, if you would rather me stay out of it and not explain, then thatā€™s fine too.

4 Likes

A wise man, or good salesman, told meā€¦ ā€œwhy go generic when 30Qā€™s are on the tableā€

2 Likes

Fair enough. According to the graphs I read the heat production is not significantly more than the 25R even at 30A despite the advertised current rating.

30Q batteries do increase the price a bit. Some people will choose to pay for it some will not. I added it as an option to the spreadsheet.

1 Like