16/40 and 16/44 on 107s - What's your experience?

Calculator is way off!??

that was the first thing that came to mind once i saw my log

The calculator is based off of nominal voltage. The unweighted speed seems to be pretty accurate.

Dual Sk3 6374 10s batt max 40

Running 14 / 32 on the 107s with 15mm belts

Its got more than enough pickup for me right now, probably won’t gear this build any faster in the future since I haven’t been hanging as much around the top end

Good stuff, I just ran what I had but when the cash flows I’ll be sure to do this

I actually have 16/40 on 160mm pneumatics on dual 149kv 6374 with 20mm belts I hit 33mph on flat ground still I am not used to it so I keep it at 25mph. Really love the speed I can get with it

Perfer 16T and I am on 10S

Hey Tim! Just bumping this as i’m curious

Been using dual 6374 on 16/36 pulleys on 12s I like it alot more torque than most can handle and can hit 43mph.

whew! dude I WISH I had a 12s. the extra torque gained by those series volts is ridiculous. I ended up going for the 16/40 as I think it really is a nice balance :smiley: I’m in Houston right now and everything is super flat, I realized I have more torque than I thought :smiley:

1 Like

Do you know a good place foe 16t 15mm motor pullies?

I am changing up all sorts of stuff right now. Might run 12s5p 16/40 on the La croix deck… on urethane 107s…

Swap the Bludgeon over to 6 shooters with Surf Rodz TKPs.

1 Like

That sounds amazing! Hm I’m actually not sure. I know @jlabs has 15t in 15mm, @chaka has 16t in 12mm. maybe @b264, @mmaner and @Deckoz can chime in as they use >12mm pulleys most, if not all of the time

@torqueboards has them

1 Like

I think @marcmt88 might also have those now

1 Like

What is the reason for not going lower than 16t with dual 6374? I’ve only just finished my build and it currently has a 15/40 setup on those motors. Done nearly 40 miles testing this weekend, and I do have a pair of 16t gears in my parts box I could fit.

What improvements (apart from a couple of extra mph - which frankly I don’t need to be fair) can I expect if I fit them?

Cheers T

If your happy with 15T it’s fine .

16T will get you a little more speed, and perhaps a little less chance of belt slipping .

1 Like

You can find them here Janux-esk8.com

1 Like

Thanks man!

I got my 16t pulleys from here :

http://www.beltingonline.com/timing-pulleys-bars-272/htd5-pulleys-285/to-suit-15mm-wide-belt-482/pilot-bore-493/

I’m not unhappy with the current set-up, anything but, however I’ve nothing to compare with eSK8 wise so still got plenty of experimenting to do.

I found 25mph a bit scary if truth be told, so right now I’m not really looking for extra speed, but the belt slip point might be something I could consider.

To be honest I enjoy carving at 15mph over straight line blasting :joy: