18650 cell that has more capacity than the 30q?

The optimal cell differs depending on the condition to be determined. However, I think 30Q is the best for the 18650 single stack. Evolve GTR uses 10s4p35E, but this is very interesting. Optimal gear ratio, optimal wheels, not too fast. Under this condition, 35E may be a good balance.

Th solution is simple, build a 12s5p or a 12s6p depending on the range you are looking for.

Does anyone know any reasons why LG MJ1 is not a good choice?

In a 4p config 40a continuous and and peak maybe like 60a for short bursts?

they perform about as well as 35E’s. Might as well get whichever one’s cheaper and/or available.

What about compared to 30q? Where is this site where we can compare the discharge graphs?

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

much worse

Thanks for the link! :+1: :sunglasses:

Oh I see at 10 amps its not good compared to 30q.

30q is also cheaper.

Seems like you would not get the extra capacity unless you only draw like 3 amps per cell.

For 3500mAh and 18650, SANYO NCR18650GA seems to be highly evaluated. There is a big difference in 10A discharge. It is worth considering if it is more than 8p of 2wd.

1 Like

Problem is that I need 15a per cell so that I can reach the useable 50amps that the VESC can use and if I use those I’ll only be having 40a you get me?

Hmm yea that makes sense I guess that’s the thing to do or just build it in a 12s5p configuration but also the problem is that I won’t find a slim low profile that will fit it:roll_eyes:

I would build a 12s5p pack out of 30q cells. I made my board with that. I used a case from psychotiller with a 80a bestech bms and flipsky dual 6.6 vesc(a very large vesc, much bigger then the focbox). I got it all to fit but barely. So thats a 12s pack with 75amp output and 15ah capacity for a total of 666wh. The thing is a beast! I can barely stay on at full throttle from a dead stop, and the steepest hills are a joke! The power is unreal! That’s what I would do or i should say did…lol

Yea I bet it’s crazy which case did u use? But let me ask u how much does that thing weigh? I don’t have a car and I use public transport (as I live out of town) so I don’t want the board to be too heavy. I have a hub motored 10s3p board and I consider it heavy (didn’t weigh it but I bet it’s around the 10kg mark)

It is pretty damn heavy lol. The bkb 6374 motors on it make it alot heavier as well. I would say its like 13kg. The cells weigh 48g(60cells) and the motors are 900g each. That is its downside as it does weigh a lot. My board is simply for fun and I don’t use it to commute so weight wasn’t a priority for me. The trucks are huge as well(torqueboard 218mm). The enclosure is the altered wedge. But if you want to do a 10s pack I found a decent enclosure on amazon for $30USD, I can put a link if you are interested.

Holy shit nah that’s too much for me :sweat_smile: Could u drop some photos of you board would like to see how the altar wedge looks in general Yea sure thing go ahead let me see if I can fit a 12s in it too :wink:

30Q will give you the best cap/current/price… I’m using a 10S2P (8Ah) with 40T cells, very nice cells but if I get the same weight with a 10S3P (9Ah) with 30Q cells and both packs will giv the same power output, so I don’t know if you can get better cells for that price.

Except vtc6, but if you’re using only max 15A/cell there’s no adventage to go with vtc6 and their lifespan is not as good as 30Q.

Maybe this is something to look at:

If you build a 12S2P with these cells will perform good I think. I’ve build several boards with the 20C cells of these and they were pretty good and light weight.

Edit: okey nevermind, a 12S2P with these lipo’s will be 3120grams and a 12S4P with 30Q only 2208grams so they won’t be better for you :sweat_smile: