18650 group buy

Are you interested in this buy?

@barajabali - Not too much no. I think itā€™s definitely a great idea though.

Iā€™m interested in buying in.

got a quote on 25Rā€™s if our order reaches 500 its 3.4 a cell and 200 to ship to north america

and the he4ā€™s are 3.2 a cell.

too bad iā€™m in singapore . iā€™ll pass

iā€™m with @JLabs on this one. iā€™ve been eyeballing liionwholesale.com for a while now.

iā€™m interested.

Iā€™m also kind of interested in those efest IMR 26650 5200mah 15A/45A cells, and 500 of those would bring the price down to 7.90 per cell, but i donā€™t know if that would work in this group buy scenario because using fewer, larger cells is counter productive to trying to get a bulk discount by buying 500 smaller cells as a group.

2 Likes

Do we have a rough head count of how many people are in? So far the list is Me @barajabali @longhairedboy @cmatson @JLabs @paragon
@delta_19 @treenutter

Any more?

Here is the quote from BATTERY BRO

I think liionwholesale.com is the way to go, what do you guys thinkā€¦ I got the quote for 200 because I didnā€™t think we would get enough people for 500 cells

HUGE NEWS!!

I contacted Liion Whole saleā€¦ and they said that they would be willing to give us the whole sale price and individually send out the packages!! So money would not have to be transferred through me or another person on the forumā€¦ Shipping to Pennsylvania is $11 for up to 30cells and California is $16 for up to 30 cells. Price fluctuates in betweenā€¦ Each person has to buy minimum of 20 cells tho (quote from liion) Shipping is UPS or USPS ground!

Does this sound good to everyone?? @delta_19 not sure what shipping is to Canadaā€¦

They said for me to email them with the cell count for each person, their address, and their email, and they would send a quote to everyone individually with the whole sale price!!!

@barajabali @longhairedboy @cmatson @paragon @delta_19 @treenutter

4 Likes

thats great! i have to look at some previous builds to see how many cells i needā€¦ im thinking something similar to the space cell. 10s4p maybe? what are all you guys doing?

1 Like

Iā€™m still debating whether or not to got 10s2p, 10s3p, or 10s4pā€¦ Big price diffrence!!

how many cells does each one need? if you dont mind calculating :slight_smile:

Not cells, batteries

Im not sure yet! You can count me in for 30cells, possible 40ā€¦

I may be interested in this. I am fine with soldering and building the pack, but would it be cheaper to do this, or get a lipo back from hobbyking? how many cells would it take to make a decent enough sized pack that would have a good range?

im thinking between 30 and 40 cells would be a good. Space cell uses 30 (orignial) so since im making it myself iā€™d want to upgrade and use a few more. at 10s. 36volts.

Whats cheaper? lipoā€™s
Whats cheaper long term? 18650s lol

youll find yourself replacing lipos much more often than Liionā€™s

Put me down for 40. @JLabs

not sure how were gonna do this. want me to pm you my address and email i guess?

Yes but not now. Letā€™s wait to get some more responses

My heart screams hell yes, but my mind says no :confused: Maybe next time

So weā€™re talking the 2500mAh variety? To beat the space cell with that one you need a 10S4P, or 40 cells.

Yeah i think thatā€™s what iā€™ll do.

I just canā€™t decide if i want to buy 44 cells or 84 cells. I want to buy 4 extra in case some are duds, but i also want to get cells while theyā€™re cheap and maybe get enough for two packs. I canā€™t decide.