1st build [dual 6355 190kv + chains+ 2x lipos 10s +97mm clones] (advice with motor pulley ?)

Hi there mates! So here I present to you my first DIY e-vehicle, I already own my beloved Xiaomi

, First of all I started by purshasing a longboard from eBay ( I know big mistake) but I thought…well I don’t know how to skate I’m gonna crash quite a bit so there’s no point investing so much in s good longboard, so I purchased this one , but eventually it came like this and I got refunded , and so I tried and ride for a bit , but after reading a bit I knew I needed something a bit better, so I purchased this beautiful deck for 90 pound, I got some sabre trucks, bons red bearings and some Chinese flywheels 97mm (Shi** color but AliExpress problem as usual) I got the lipos 4x 5s 5000mah 30c -40c I managed to build the anti spark switch with a huge help from Justin , he is restless ! I got a Chinese remote already remove some parts I’m still unsure about using a belt or chain , still having a problem with spacers , the enclosure I was thinking about using a seed tray In the beginning I was thinking about using 18650 I got 50 of them but the problem is the amp draw, even 10s5p is just 50amps which is just to little for dual motor setup so I choose the lipos (2x5000mah in series can draw within the limits 150a which is more than i’m ever going to use , Now is just a matter of waiting for the motors 6355 190v from torqueboards , aswell from theirs 12esc 150A continuous ( still held in costums :confused: ), I avoid the vesc due to the configurations , I know was better to customise but I don’t want to bother, so I hope you enjoy this part list and I’ll keep updating things :stuck_out_tongue: also whenever i have time i need to train my inexisting skating skills …will be fun… cheers

2 Likes

once again i wanna thanks to JdogAwesome because after like 10 messages bothering him about the anti spark schematic i did manage to understand things a bit more :stuck_out_tongue: i din’t had a pcb so i just soldered the parts together and tomorow i’ll test everything ! fingers crossed ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

well the building is going quite nicely, apart from the parts that came from torqueboards, sensored motors but unsensored esc…for 450 dollars…trying to talk with assistance it seemed more like a bot, a bad bot by the way, i spent 20 minutes asking if the esc was supposed to be sensored and why is not specify in the description, i’m still waiting for an answer…oh well i wont be buying from them again…meanwhile the diy antispark switch works like wonders. i had quite a bit of trouble aligning the wheel pulley…what a pain in the a**. One slightly off topic if anyone is interested on 97MM abec clones FOR 38pounds

1 Like

Also I’m waiting for some fiberglass in order to build the enclosure everything is taking so much longer than anticipated but, I’ll get there, I hope you like how things are going, if you have any advice please give me a shout!

2 Likes

nice build. now what will you do with all these 18650 cells?

1 Like

do you think that screw holding the pulley will manage with all that torque? should i epoxy that pulley ? i’m a bit afraid of shredding that motor shaft :confused:

Hey Grozniy honestly don’t know, but I have some of those vacuum cleaner like romba but from Vileda i will replace the battery and I’m trying to make my place full voice controlled with Google home so I’ll put them in use like that xd

1 Like