1st Modular battery with removable cells and bms!

Im questioning your capability, Im rooting for you. I just want you to sell a safe, reliable product. You need some criticism along the way! Im here to help though if i didnt make that clear though.

1 Like

misunderstood that then, well I appreciate the criticsm and it will be able to be safe for air travel so long as each pack is under 99wh, but I will probably not advertise it like this just because of liability. I think we can talk about a way to develop the designs but will need u to pm me

The pictures already!!! :expressionless:

As I previously stated photos of the design will not be posted until entirely finalized and I have parts to build more packs, the option is wait so that it can be open source or get to see them faster but not have them opensource

pics or it didnt happen :wink: haha

photos allow for the design to replicated and until its been finalised and tested then I won’t be releasing them Edit: Safety requires patience, but if anyone doesn’t believe I have managed to do this thats a fair statement and one that they are entitled to believe. For those who are willing to wait however I can’t wait to relaese the finalized and tested product in the upcoming weeks/months.

Keeping an eye on this one. Good luck with the prototype and the testing!

I like the idea of being able to swap cells and change up my pack. As long as it doesn’t take up much more space and is flexible, I’d definitely be interested.

Yes, definite interest. My Lipo set up works fine but isn’t the most convenient so I’ve kinda been a research ninja at the moment.

1 Like

i’m going to guess he’s hesitant to show a WIP design that could potentially be dangerous and someone could copy the WIP version and run into issues involving fire.

it’s understandable to wait until the design is good enough before open sourcing it.

I don’t know if you are joking or not @anon46525265. But it is kind of inconsiderate of you to ask for a photo after the rest of thread.

crap didn’t see that – my bad folks

No worries but it’s basically what @osbor said as soon as I believe it’s safe the files will be posted for all to see

so, the design is modular and all, i assume it’s a no-weld design? is it also no-solder? that’d be interesting

Weeks/months? You are not liable for photos…

Otherwise anyone could sue at anytime for something they saw on here.

Possible weld no real solder. The pack is plug and play with the parts pre built

Sarcasm???

This sounds very interesting… too bad we can’t see pics right now, but I support you in the way you want to make sure it works before you release it. I had a similar idea but with the balance cables coming out of each pack and a final negative and positive pack, but you’d have to wire it yourself.

If you did 1s4p packs and had BMSs in each, that would be a good idea but you’d have to find a way to charge them all at once. And there aren’t many (if not any) 1s BMSs that can do 60a continuous.

Very excited, good luck

thought of that idea also originally it became too complex and the price was almost as much as a cheap board mainly from the bms and so many points of potential failure

Not sarcasm. You said you weren’t posting pics for safety reasons.

You are not liable for someone’s actions if they see your pics then try to do it themselves, was my point.

If you are not posting for other reasons, that’s fine but safety shouldn’t be one of them otherwise this forum wouldn’t exist. This forum is proceed at your own risk.