2.4Ghz Nano Remote SOLD OUT

Hi @fraannk the issue with the failsafe feature until now looks like it is with the factory binding or interference while in storage either way, once you receive the remote, Do the binding process to ensure it is correctly set up. So far once repeated the binding process, it have work flawlessly.

If fail safe is setup correctly this remote absolutely reliable. No worries.

@elkick @Kaly, fantastic, thanks for confirming! :slight_smile:

Hi @Kaly, any remotes left for shipping to France?

Any left Iā€™m in California. :thinking:

How much for shipping to uk

I want one Washington Pm please

The trigger was too small soā€¦

Other than that itā€™s great! Thanks :slight_smile: @Kaly

3 Likes

hello do you have anymore in stock i live in canada

@Kaly. Pm me Ć­ cant seem to pm you h really want to purchase 2 of them if available. Thanks

Can you explain what you did here?

What is that freakin knobby thingy and how did you attach it to the trigger?

I just started testing this remote. It takes some getting used to. I wonder if this mod will help.

I installed the remote today and have to say that compared to the mad munkey I donā€™t like it at all. Binding was painless but right from the start something was weird: My Car ESC usually only starts its beeping initialization after you turn on the GT2B - with this remote however the beeping starts even when the remote is off :hushed: Next thing is that even though the travel is so short I have to turn it quite far to get the motor to spin - this leads to the rest of the acceleration being controlled with only a very small throttle range left --> it is way too sensitive.

With a VESC this might not be an issue because of the acceleration curve - but for a Car ESC it is really dangerous. On my first go the board almost threw me off due to the sudden and way too high acceleration.

If anybody has an idea how to fix this please let me know. I like the size and ergonomics but right now it is unusable for me :frowning:

Thatā€™s a micro usb :laughing: with the metal tip and wire trimmed off. I simply drilled a hole to fit the throttle then used epoxy.

This controller has built-in cruise control! (not really). If I push down on top the throttle while I slide it up to go forward, it will get stuck lol. I actually use this bonus feature :smile:. Any of you guys have this problem with your remote?

1 Like

I have a car esc and I had the same experience, so I returned it. I would suggest buying a better quality joystick from digikey or mouser and replacing the stock one. You will get a smoother response curve. Make sure to measure the resistance of the pot and get the joystick with similar values.

Iā€™ll just stick to my mad munkey and use this for my VESC build

Haha! Yes, that happened to me too. The was you can solve it is scrape the plastic, off the main cover, with an x acto knife where it rubs against the joystickā€™s curved plastic surface.

2 Likes

For car ESC. Need to play with the settings, you can do the following :

• reduce the neutral range of your ESC to 5% or less. This Iā€™ll shorten the throttle thump displacement.

-Reduce timing to low.

-Set Acceleration to low or medium.

• if available on you ESC settings reduce the motor punch.

On the remote side, set the trimming to your preference.

One more thing, this is a thumb operated device different that the gun like remote that we use before.

Please just do not jump on the board without first getting a feel for the throttle, you can do this by putting the board upside down and pressing the remote to gauge how hard or soft youā€™ll have to operate this device.

That way you can improve your riding experience with a new device that is use in a different way compare to the one we are Confortable using so far.

3 Likes

Agree with @kaly. Iā€™m running on a Torqueboards 6s car esc, with 3% throttle neutral range, and medium to high timing & acceleration, and it works great. The throw of the thumb stick is short, but completely usable throughout the range for me. I did have to turn the throttle trim all the way to the left though so the motor doesnā€™t run when the stick is in the neutral position. Donā€™t know if that part is how it should be or not, but thatā€™s a different thing.

1 Like

I had the same issue with mine. I found that the bottom of the thumbwheel was getting caught since it was riding to close to the potentiometerā€™s metal case. I cut a really small piece of plastic off a credit card and stuck it in there. It raised it about a half mm. Just enough to nicely clear the case. Cruise control eliminated!!

I have been having an issue with the remote cutting out. Gotta fiddle with it a bit.