270kv motors enough for hills?

In my opinion for 10s 270kv is too much. i would go less then 200. Did you calculated your theoretical top speed? If its more than 55-60 km/h you will generate lots of heat not acceleraton.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking I’m going to return it and then see what I can find any recommendations

1 Like

TB battle hardened 6374 190kv. I like APS sensorless motors alot, 200kv.

1 Like

I’ve seen 5065 140kv run 150mm no problems.

1 Like

is there a big difference between motor sizes I was looking at these

https://flipsky.net/collections/e-skateboard/products/bldc-motor-h6368-140kv-1720w

1 Like

Lots of differences. I’m not the smartest person on the subject. But you obviously don’t want heat, mmk? Shorter the motor can, the more heat, you feel me Craig? Bigger diameter and longer stator is best depending on the application though. I have 5065 that run all day with 6374 just because they are geared well. Stopping on smaller motors is what you will notice most. But again using proper tension and pulley size, along with amperage adjustments you can dial it in pretty good.

1 Like

what would be a good motor size then I was unaware that it mattered on rc cars I typically just throw a fan on the motor and be done with it

1 Like

this kit comes with those same motors or the ones you suggested as an option I may end up just buying the size you recommended but I would like to keep the motors trucks and wheels under 200 if that is possible

also something I may add the wheels on that set I want to eventually put on my board so the motors will need to be able to run 150mm wheels

also as for trucks I’m looking at these. Thoughts?

I know I just sent a bunch of messages but now that it comes down to it should I just buy one of these I would get the 280 version of the second option

1 Like

All depends on what type of riding you want to do hombre.

1 Like

gonna be mostly street with a couple BIG hills as for being prebuilt or not it does not matter if it gets the job done then that’s all I care

1 Like

I went 6374 190kv. Bought the 15 inch wide trucks, and I am 7 inch pneummies. I have monster torque. I havent floored it, but theorize 30mph. Opt to maximize torque, while reaching enough speed. You only use speed a few times, if ever.

If you can wait for the slow boat from china, I went flipsky on almost all items, on alieexpress and banggood. Your result will be more robust, aS you will overate all components for ruggedness. And you will know EXACTLY how to fix anything.

In large part, torque is how you program your vesc, and what amp draw your battery can provide, AND sustain.

I you want reliability, resist going 12s.

I set my torque and brakes beyond my battery, and rely on not hot rodding all the time. Brakes and full throttle are fleeting.

I personally think that 190kv, and 6374 is the sweet spot. I personally wouldnt consider a fast board with urethanes.

1 Like

I wouldnt go 8 inch, I have 7s, and they are big, and my replacements are 6.55 inch. 6 inch are good too. Source the parts separately and piece together. Going wide on truck width is a luxury. Custom component set will cost a bit more, but the result will be far better. And last longer. It will ignore hills.

And sensored is the way to go. Low end seamless power makes the whole board seem more elegant. Go hybrid on vesc.