2nd build in progress (45" XXX Moonshine Proof)

Here is what I have so far…45" Moonshine Proof, TB single motor kit, 218mm trucks, 90mm wheels, 190kv motor, 15mm belt, machined aluminum case for FOC Box. Still have to purchase FOC Box and will probably build a Vruzend 10S battery and fiberglass enclosure using Solarez. Plan to fasten everything to bottom of board using 3M dual lock tape, will not drill any holes for this build.

13 Likes

I like that board. Looks nice

Got any updates on this?

Nuff said :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I’m really considering a moonshine or a Valhalla for a replacement board to my cindi. Would love to feel how this rides.

I decided to go RC LIPO and use 2 X 5S instead of building a battery. I also purchased an enclosure from TB that I am going to modify to fit the LIPOs. I designed an enclosure with carbon fiber lid I was going to have machined out of Nylon but I decided it would be cheaper to buy the enclosure from TB and have a riser and end plug 3D printed. The riser will go between the board and enclosure to give it the proper height for the LIPO’s. I still need to purchase the VESC and batteries. Life is expensive so I build a little at a time. VESC will be next purchase.

I have not ridden it yet but only stood on it assembled. It is a medium flex, feels good to me. I am 225 lb’s.

1 Like

I lied! I just purchased 2 X 6S LIPO for this build. The list to complete just got shorter. Hopefully this 12S setup will get me the top speed I am looking for. 22-25 MPH maybe? Once I get the batteries I can sort out the details with enclosure.

I think those will work pretty well. I don’t miss having a lipo pack. Seemed like I just didn’t get the range I wanted.