3" Barstock Build!// Twin Vesc's// Sk3's // 10s5p 25r // costom everything

hah crazy build… I assume you used some sort of mountainboard trucks for the wide wheel base.

@JohnA Is the stance comfortable enough? I was thinking - did you get it all right for yourself or u do feel that the ‘‘pads’’ could be closer to each other, for example?

@Okami I just rode it again last night and this morning and honestly I love the foot pad placement. It is wider then I normally stand but not uncomfortable. It also makes it so when I accelerate fast or mash the brakes i don’t feel like I’m going to fall off the board. Today I was on my way home and I was able to trash pick a pressure washer and drag it home without feeling like I would get pulled off the back. And you are correct, they are MBS atom trucks.

I also put a headlight on it so I can enjoy the night rides.

2 Likes

hah @JohnA thanks for the pics… I really like what you did with that generator by pulling it like a trailer :slight_smile:

yeh, your ‘board’ does not resemble skateboard anymore haha

kudos for the ‘‘pc tower’’ shaped box in the middle, too… definately gives extra looks to the whole build :wink:

2 Likes

Well here’s a setback, but the motivation I need to get my urathane tire cog’s

1 Like

what did u do with the tire…??

It is true now that these skike wheels are no good for durability… find some chinese replacements if they fit the feel, industrial seem to be even better with more (harder) rubber or such

@Okami just normal riding. It was the drive wheel though and I do drive pretty aggressively. Only lasted about 60-70 miles which is a let down. They don’t last, but ride really nice and grip the road. Overall I think my 97mm flywheels are way better

@JohnA Connect with @Maxid

Im sure you gonna be able to find something in usa too…

I think these tires are a joke… ok i dont know do u do wheelies / burnouts all the time or not… but yeah

@Okami No wheelies or burnouts, just 30mph carving and a lot of braking and accelerating limited only by my 70amp vesc battery setting. I’ve been looking for other options but it seems 5 inch tires are really rare

@JohnA Maxid had a design for 3d printed hubs, if youre good with printers maybe u would consider looking into it… he also had found some tires which fit…

uhm im not really gonna have a direct answer but u probably gonna need to order them from china if you dont find a local supplier for all sorts of tires…

Maybe @mmaner can help you out too… though im not sure does he still has his skikes… maybe he sold them, not 100% sure

Sold mine…skikes are about the only 5 in option available. @treenutter might have a set to sell. Or check with @psychotiller about his 6x2 ATs.

If you get desperate I think I have a set of skikes in a box somewhere, bought off another forum member last year but never got around to using for a build. Less that 50% chance I have them and another 50% haircut I can actually find them, but I can take a look this week if you have no options lol

@mmaner I actually bought yours :yum:. So I do have some extra tires but it also blew the tube so I’m kinda out of luck there… unless I can find 5 inch tubes. Worst case I’ll go to my flywheels and I’ll eventually get some MBS wheels or psychotillers.(should be back on the road this week with the flywheels) @caustin let me know though if you end up finding them, I would appreciate it!

I’m pretty sure you can get tubes from skike, I’ll look for the link.

@mmaner yeah you can get them from Skike. I have their website bookmarked so don’t worry about finding a link. I just haven’t ordered any because of a 50 dollar shipping cost to get it here from Europe