30” Old school cruiser kicktail, Dual 6364 Keda motors, e-Caliber trucks, 90mm Abec clones, Boardnamic Mounts, Unity, 10s3p 30Q, BesTech 60A BMS

Just wanted to say thank you to the forum for all the help and info with getting this project done. It’s been pretty much 7 months to the day that I decided to have a go at building an esk8. My end goal was to have something pretty small and powerful with a kicktail - I live in a small town with lots of really steep hills. I’m really happy with how it’s turned out.

image image

10 Likes

That enclosure looks hella clean, whatcha make it from?

Fibreglass. 3 x 300g layers of matting and 1 x layer of surface tissue. I rubbed it down and spray painted it but it looked terrible. In the end I sprayed it with 3m Shultz under vehicle protection. It’s a hard rubberised and textured finished. It’s looks professional now :joy:image image image

10 Likes

Can you elaborate?

It’s a very fine stranded fibreglass matting, typically used as a final external layer. It helps hide the coarser strands that is in the 300g matting. You use it the same way as the other matting - put it over your mold and roll the resin in.

2 Likes

That’s great. Enclosure is super clean. What battery did you fit in there?

Thanks mate. 10s3p double stack.image image

5 Likes

the enclosure looks single stack from the first image! very clean build :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah that enclosure is great. I wish there was more small wb enclosures like this readily available

2 Likes

Thanks mate

I looked for literally months. This cost me £20 for all the materials. Just used polyester resin.

3 Likes

Its a missed market for sure

1 Like

What pulleys are you using? I’m trying to find a new set.

And that’s a super clean build.

1 Like

Thanks mate. 36/15. Got them from @atenner

1 Like

that build is perfection man,

I used a single keda b4 there good motors with little drag for when you need to push (compared to sk3’s)

1 Like

There might be a few soon, but very limited amount.

https://forum./t/interest-40-shipped-us-enclosures-for-short-boards-14-to-16-wheelbase/3654

5 Likes