30Q or VTC6? This is what made me go with 30Q

I could probably spare one like for an esk8er hard up on his luck. Here you go buddy :dollar: :+1:

I’ve been runing my Pho3nix without bms for over a year, I inspect the batteries at least 2 times a month, last check I did was 0.01v difference between packs.

When people talk about self balance I guess they refer to the ability to stop raising SOC at certain level so others cells in series could catch up during the charge cycle. I don’t know if this is even possible but it would be the only way I could understand it, not self balancing themselves by storing them on a drawer without any external source.

I wonder how a vtc6 is safer than a 30Q, if the cells are shorted wouldn’t any of them go into thermal runway?

i have spent 5 seconds of my life on google to find this:

Any reader of endless-sphere has seen a lot of threads about spinel. Their gurus are really something,that’s why that forum has a huge reputation. Liveforphysics has made conferences about lithium all over the world and magazines call him for interviews. Aside from that he says: Makita and bionX have made sony packs without bms. The facts are crystal clear to me.