33mph to 0mph in 1 Second

that’s right.

goal is to manage and minimize damage when it does happen. helmets and gloves are a good start, but pads don’t hurt either.

and a reliable board, of course.

2 Likes

Jezz! Well now you know what it’s like going down at 30 mph. I tried to run off at 30 mph. I torn my ankle up… been just over a year and now I have surgery booked for early January (standby for December 4th).

Broken bones heal, torn tendons and ligaments… Don’t.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

2 Likes

:grin: You tried to run off 30mph… teehee. Not even Bolt can do that shit.

But I get it, not much else you can do at that point.

3 Likes

I was very high up fro, the ground. It sort of worked, My first step was good, I slowed down a lot, it was my second step where my ankle gave out.

1 Like

Mostly because your ankle relayed the message to your brain saying…" WTF is he thinking. I can’t run this damn fast. Time to give out." And then… the inevitable.

4 Likes

So funny how much more respect you have for speed after the first tumble. Last year I wore only a skull cap helmet and Naivety, 1 ill timed corner and a bit of gravel = luckily supermanning into the grass and a new respect for safety gear. This year was gloves, shin/knee, elbow/forearm pads and a ruroc helmet. Go forth posthaste my brothers and sisters, but please do it safe.

3 Likes

My xmas pressy to myself is a full set of mx armour. Never a truer word said than

Get well @Gdunn416

6 Likes

Same thing here, took two steps and rolled. It’s really unlucky you torn the ligaments as I managed not too and I had only just been out of a moon boot for torn ligaments for about 1 month. (Only partially torn, but there’s still a higher risk)

I no longer like to go 60km/h I tend to cruise around 30 and the occasional 40 to tease my younger brother into getting a dual board

1 Like

the wheel didnt have traction and just spun up like crazy

1 Like

It was already weak and I was wearing the wrong type of shoes. If I treated it like how I treat my ankle on a street board, It would have been one two roll and good. I had leather gloves and and a leather jacket on also. I should have gone down quicker honestly. I just though I could run it off. I’ve done it on hill bombs on my street board at around 22mph. But I was maxed at out 30 mph.

This is going to be my 3rd reconstructive surgery on my left ankle. 10 years ago was the first one, 9 was the second. Both same trick same spot, haha. After that, I said fuck gap skating. Shit happens too quick to not to miss the catch, go over the nos, and pocket your ankle out of socket at some point.

But then I wasn’t careful on my eboard. I wore running shoes (cause they are very comfortable), The foam bottom rolled as I stepped, and that’s why it gave.

If I wore skate shoes with a solid bottom, and my ankle braces I wear when I skate, it wouldn’t of happened.

3 Likes

30mph is so fast. I’ve slowed down from 25 to about 17 as I learned the hard way.

3 Likes

What size?

Well you’re alive, which is what matters.

It is size small. Black color.

That is all that matters. This fall really woke me up.

1 Like

I do have an extra one, M in “Pro” is like S in normal Pass sizing

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/tsg-pass-pro-carbon-m-usa/74873

The only thing that slid was my helmet on the pavement. I had a plan to slide out on my knees if this ever happened just like you, but my right foot touched the ground first causing me to flop on my side, hitting my head on the ground. I then slid the rest out in that position. My head had zero injuries, not even a bump!

You are right that there is little time to process it all.

1 Like

The number of people I see bombing around my campus with no gear, hands in pockets, standing completely vertical… I yell at them. I tell everyone I see riding naked about how I fell and a helmet saved me from what would certainly have been a concussion (~20mph, head hit the curb on the way down, road rash was all I got). I still see the same guys riding without gear. It’s mind boggling. Same category of intelligence as the guys I see all summer riding superbikes in tee shirts and shorts.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer! I’m going to skip this one for now. I have lots of recovery to do. I’m sure it will sell pretty fast.

1 Like

I have been told the injury is a grade 1 or 2 AC joint separation. So that’s great news, I think. I’ll keep taking NSAIDs for the inflammation, and when the pain begins to subside I’ll start joint mobilization exercises.

I guess I walked out of this one in pretty good condition, considering.