34" Mini Cruiser | Dual 6354 | 10s3p | Caliber 44s

15w laser arrived. Got it setup and made a few tests. Fortunately the hardware works great and seems pretty solid for what I paid :grin:. It could definitely use some improvements to make it easier to setup and more robust but overall it’s a pretty decent laser considering it’s not CO2. I initially bought this for light graphic work, including grip tape design, but seeing as it can easily etch SS and other metals I’ll have to come up with some other ideas to see what it can do.

Unfortunately :grimacing: this laser is way too powerful to use in its current configuration without serious precaution. I also really don’t trust the software driving this thing since it’s so buggy. Need to build in some safety’s before I can really experiment- you don’t wanna go blind just because you saved a few bucks. Anyway, it’s barebones so it’s kinda expected. I’ll have to build an enclosure and some way to exhaust.

If you know of any universal type laser software that can run this thing please let me know :sweat_smile:. Laseraxe which is what I’m currently using sucks. Was hoping to find something like Simplify3D which easily generates the code in a nice interface.

4 Likes