36T 12mm Kegel Pulley STL Or Step Files | LINK IN COMMENTS

Guys DONT PRINT THESE YET. I had one printed by my coworker just be be sure because I didnt want to screw anyone over, he printed this at .2mm layer height and roughly 35mm/s (~4 hours) and it didnt fit but the set i did at .1mm and 20mm/s did (~8 hours), though admittedly it was very tight. The studs should have come out at 5.9mm diamter and I’m getting an average of 6.15mm which seems to be enough to mess with the fit. I’ll change the sizing of the studs and pulley to allow for the variability. Will do this first thing in the morning. @t1m0007

Print coworker just dropped off.

Print I got from him before. I made flange smaller on the new file since this one chipped getting it off the print bed. I’m so sorry if anyone has started to print these already, I will fix it and make him do one more print to confirm and then post result here. Sorry for any inconvenience. So Sorry. (if you couldnt already tell, I’m Canadian… :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I fixed the file and had the mating faces printed just to confirm again. 100% guarantee these files work now. Sorry about the mishap guys. STL and Step files are up to date on Thingiverse

1 Like

Thanks man! Imma see how these work tonight!

Very cool! Great to have 9/12/15 options for kegels.

How involved or difficult is it to offer these in other teeth options? 36/38/40/42/44 or similar (not sure what would fit well and what folks want)? I know with higher voltage setups 8/10/12s - it’s helpful to gear down further for better hills and less top speed.

Anyone else see value in larger teeth options for kegels?

1 Like

It would take me a 5-10 minutes to do each for any pulley size for this wheel now. I would only be modifying the pulley itself while leaving the rest untouched for the most part. If you guys tell me what sizes you guys want/need I have no issues coming in on the weekend and knocking them all out in a day.

1 Like

Post your results when youre done!

@JuniorPotato93 Awesome work! I don’t use Kegel, but I can see all the work that you put in to this and that really cool for the community. You Rock, dude! :thumbsup:

1 Like

These pulleys fit great.

4 Likes

hey man- i’ve got these printed now. Im going to likely go ahead and make a hardware store trip this weekend. Do you use plastic locker bolts on the other end or do you thread right into the plastic on the pulley side?

These look sweet man. It’s so weird seeing these on someone else’s wheel :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I’ve only had the chance to put like 50 km on mine since I messed around with the controller GT2E and must have shorted something out. But I no wear on mine. Printed in PETG. How’s yours working out? What print settings/printer did you use?

I used a 10-24 machine screw tap on the pre drilled holes. Did it slowly and doing a half turn back every turn to break the chips until I reached the body of the pulley since I didn’t want to break the studs coming out. So due to the spacing of the holes in the kegel itself and the side profile of the caliber trucks, the bolts have to terminate in the body of the pulley with minimal clearance available so I didn’t use a plastic nut locker. Instead I applied a bead of super glue to the threads of the screws and taped holes. Then tightened by hand until it tightened everything in the assembly without over torquing the threads. So far I’ve done about 50 kms before I tinkered with the GT2E remote and sorted something out and now in waiting to get proper VESCs from chaka and a new GT2B remote and going to do the little buffalo mod. The pulleys themselves though still look like new. No wear yet.

Haven’t had a chance to use them yet. I printed them out of ABS. Man, I really need to get on the PETG train!

I’m probably gonna get a chance to do these this weekend hopefully so I’ll try to get them all done and upload them to thingiverse

That’s awesome - thanks man! I’d love to be able to print out some new pulleys any time needed. Especially getting some higher teeth count pulleys available so can gear down further for hills or less top speed…

Let us know how the baby buffalo GT2b goes - i have 2 GT2b’s on order and want to do one BB! Let us know any issues or tricks needed?

I’m still a little premature to give any feedback on the BB mod. I’m making a 8s6p 18650 Samsung 25r battery pack but I’m waiting on the Nickle strips and the BMS so I can set up the board when Chakas VESCs arrive. So right now the eBay stuff is a few weeks out from coming in and the VESCs might be a few more weeks since I only ordered them like end of the week before last I think. I do have 3 prints of the BB controller already printed for when the controller gets here but I’m thinking first I wanna use it without the mod and make sure the system works well before I introduce a new source of possible issues. But I’ll upload some pictures of the prints when I get home from work.

So I sourced the CAD of the 38, 40 and 44 all from online suppliers and I had to borrow 1 Tooth profile from one of those to create the 42T option from scratch. I’ll start with these but I’m thinking I’ll also make the odd numbers 37,39,41,43, and 45 since now I have the profile of one individual tooth. Why not have an arsenal of pulleys available to anyone who wants to do a super custom ratio. So those will come at a later time time though since those require more work to create.

Awesome work. I’ve got someone keen to try to print one of these. Any tips for printing them? Shell number and infill? (This means nothing to me by the way!)

I print mine with a 2mm shell thickness, and 100% infill. It’s about 50 grams worth or material. Outer shell speed is 25mm/s and inner shell is 35mm/s. Infill speed doesn’t matter really. Layer height I use is 200 microns or .2mm. You can go thinner but the extra time downtown really translate into better performance. That print should take roughly 4 hours for the 36T and more depending on the size. If you would like to tell your friend that I’m going to be updating the files this saturday to fix a little bit of gap he should wait a couple days if he can. If not these are still good to go but I want these to be perfect.

1 Like

Sorry for not thanking you earlier @JuniorPotato93. I never got my mate to print these. Do you think they’re good to go now?