3D Modeling / CAD - Here to Help!

:joy: Whatever you say, my guy

1 Like

Been using Fusion 360 for designing all the parts for my board. Quite a few renders in my build thread here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/big-torque-reliable-board-for-the-larger-rider-trampa-street-dual-6374-focbox-custom-battery-enclosure/43075/

1 Like

Fusion ftw!!

1 Like

fight me

1 Like

bring your ass down here, I dare ya :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

we can make extrusions from a face without a sketch

2 Likes

VlgXG

6 Likes

This might be a stretch but I’m interested in learning how to model a square mold for pressing my own decks. I’m trying to model a “street” style shape in Fusion but I’m struggling to model the dips and concave correctly.

1 Like

Happy to share my first eSk8-related Fusion 360 tutorial! Per @Jc06505n 's request, this video shows how to design a 3D-printable bash-guard. It was a fun project to work on. Modeling the exact deck profile can be tricky, as it’s hard to accurately measure with calipers.

Here’s the Tutorial!

Looking forward to making more tutorials, and I’m always open to suggestions

4 Likes

Great video thanks :slight_smile:

I might need to install Fusion360 now and learn how to do stuff like this

I’m still trying to make a good mud guard for my wheels. Apparently my board can ride in wet weather without dieing but my pants and deck get filthy lol. 97mm flywheels so you know :wink:

@Sapphirinia I’ll be right there to toss my coat over the puddles so you can ride over it instead.

1 Like

Such a gentleman

1 Like

I have to use Fusion at my workplace nowadays. I did Inventor and SW for quite a bit too. Fusion has some really great usability features, but for anything a bit more serious (ESPECIALLY if you need 2D production drawings) I would prefer literally anything else over Fusion. It down right sucks ass at drawigns. Oh and weldments are not there in any shape or form. Oh and configurations? ever heard of such things? They can be usefull sometimes (deep sarcasm).

Overall Fusion is really only for hobby people at this point.

1 Like

Would anyone happen to have a 3D model of the Jet Spud?

Hi, I was wandering if you could have a look at this design I made for dual mounts, I have never done CAD stuff before so any advice would be appreciated.

Link to the file - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AwXKHQpjBEAotFN4LDaNrH-tKoiEjOcK

all%20together%20v5%203

2 Likes