3D Printables for ESkate

Can you hand draw a quick sketch?

1 Like

Why drill through when something can be modeled to accommodate? Which lights do you want?

For regular tailbones, @Skunk has suggested cutting boards before. Thatā€™s a good idea, but doesnā€™t help for the ultra-thick version :smiley:

2 Likes

I actually used to use old cutting boards to make my tail bones and slide pucks. I honestly would do that now but I have absolutely no means for cutting and shaping the material currently.

1 Like

I remember having these on my first skateboard when I was a kid lol. It had these grab rails too. Such a flashback

1 Like

Rib bones. I actually wanna use these for mounting my enclosure, just because.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s one of the decks Iā€™d really like a tail bone on. Im going for an old school look on this thing and its a must have. Especially because i wanna do E-manuals for blocks lol

1 Like

I could do that. If getting to pick the design Iā€™d kinda like something with slightly harder or more aggressive lines than the traditional Powell tailbone.

You have to print it out with some neon filament!

1 Like

The smoother edges probably stop it from catching on uneven pavement though,

1 Like

Iā€™d LOVE that on my stickerbombed deck.
But the Skateshread deck is black and green 100% so far. Gonna try and keep that theme going.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m serious, I wouldnā€™t have offered otherwise :grinning:.

2 Likes

Maybe on an old flintstone skateboard. They just couldnā€™t go fast enough lol.

Thatā€™s easy enough. Itā€™s there radius, the bottom concave if the deck thatā€™s important.

1 Like

Ill probably mount with rubber between tail guard and deck since the thicker printed material wont flex as much.

Luckily both my tails are fairly flat. Especially the bigger one.

1 Like

This is like 5 mins of work. Iā€™ll do it tomorrow night!

1 Like

I want the rib bones mainly for picking up the board by the rail and having something for your fingers grip on to. Another idea that I havenā€™t finished, but I have the tubing, is using some of this acrylic Square clear tubing for the rib bones and running some LED light strips inside. Screenshot_20190518-153836_Firefox

And I found it. My cutting tools suck, so maybe thatā€™s why I never finished it. A 1 sqft piece of scrap HDPE was about 10 bucks, and probably enough for 4 tail guards, so it could be done dirt cheap with the right tools, but 3d printing these seems way easier and more fun to customize though. 20190518_151631 20190518_151723

1 Like

Specify a width and length? There was a company making them for boosted boards awhile back, but theyā€™ve stopped. Not sure why

@mikenyc good ?

Got it. Will crank this out

1 Like