3D Printed Hub for 6inch pneumatics on caliber trucks

Its a weird transition aint it? I really like my numies and the 6in airless on @psychotiller 6 shooters, I mean REALLLLLLY like them. I still get a lot of enjoyment out of my 97mm flywheels on the jet spud 29 too though. I couldnt say which is my favorite.

2 Likes

Once you go off-road we know which ones are your favorite very quickly :wink: The pneumatics seem to just be so much more versatile. The only reason to not go all in on pneumatics might be excessive wear if you carve like @whitepony

I really want to make the transition but they are expensive to switch but i have loads of Shapeways credit i need to spend then the tries arenā€™t so much after that.

Any chance either of you know if these hubs will work with the airless?

also was the feel difference between air and airless?

Yeah, off road there is no question. Ive got an MBS Comp 95 Im slowly building right now, has 8in numies and should be tons of fun. Carving is the main reason to keep some thane around, I worry that my nummies are gonna pop when I carve hard. I dont know if I carve quit as hard as @whitepony but I can touch the ground on some of the curves.

2 Likes

No idea - I designed them to be a tight fit with the AliExpress tires and canā€™t say anything about the airless ines

1 Like

Word, when printing these i want 2 rings and the 2 center pieces right? and for the pulley wheels i replace 1 ring with the pulley print correct?

If they fit the ali express tires that @Maxid is using then the airless should work as well. If there is a slight difference in the OD of the hub you can always glue some 1/16 ABS in there and then reseat the tires.

1 Like

Awesome thanks! having ridden both which do you like better, also what is the difference in the feel of the ride?

Its really hard to say. The nummies are a more comfortable ride than the airless, but he airless grip better. The airless are pretty much useless in the grass, the nummies run great as long as it isnā€™t wet.

Essentially, the airless wheels as are almost as grippy as ABEC 11 flywheels while still having a lot of give. he nummies will eat up more vibration and have more give but arenā€™t the best for carving.

1 Like

Isnā€™t it that pneumatics have quite good grip in the wet while urethane wheels will start to slip very early. And my pneumatics also have endless grip at carving. Guess the question is at how much pressure you run them. Or do in missunderstand the word ā€œnummiesā€?

Your right. The 6in thane wheels donā€™t do well in rain on grass, thatā€™s what I meant. I donā€™t ride in the rain much, to worried about shorts.

I find that soft thane grips better on heavy carves on asphalt/concrete. I usually run my pnumatics, or nummies, pretty hard so that probably accounts for me getting better grip on thane.

Which pneumatics do you use?

heā€™s got sixshooters i think

Yeah, @psychotiller 6 shooters. Iā€™ve got a set of MBS 7in knobbys but havenā€™t used them yet. I also have an MBS Comp 95 that has 8in Rock Stars but Iā€™m still building it.

Sixshooter is the hub though no? The tire is the same as what I used. Would love to compare the printed to a real hub but unfortunately that whole overseas shipping thing kills it.

1 Like

You are correct sir, the hub is the milled aluminum 6 shooters using the same tires you are.

I call it ā€œFrankensteinā€ :smiley:

Uneven Dual Rear Drive (one wheel 60/14T 149kv 6374 and the other 35/15T 140kv 5065) with a 10S3P battery (I know not many amps but still had the pack and wanted to use it).

The cables that are showing are the series connection for the two 5S3packs inside that I wanted to be able to physically disconnect even though I do have an Antispark on the board - just to be safe when storing the board.

4 Likes

You are a god amongst men!!! Youā€™ve just made my AT 4WD project soooo much cheaper!! Much appreciation my friend!

1 Like

You gonna print them? Maybe you can post some pictures?

Heck yeah my dude! Iā€™ll be rocking that Nylon-Carbon Fibre print

1 Like