3D printing discussions

It seems really tough and abrasive resistant from messing around. No scientific testing though.

It’s set in tpu using heat.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to do this. Can I still use the microswiss as the hot end with this?

1 Like

What inserts are you using?

This is the same as what I’m using, it’s the best I have found so far

2 Likes

I’m using all metal micro Swiss

1 Like

Hey I dug a bit more and it seems another alternative to SainSmart TPU is AmazonBasics TPU

29.99€/kg and free shipping with Amazon Prime.

Another question : Have you guys tried NinjaTek Armadillo TPU ? 75D shore super hard & rigid PU, super resistant to abrasion & wear.

Looks dope but very expensive at 75€/kg. Might be the strongest printable available for consumer grade printers.

I’d like to try both.

Anybody in EU interested in groupbuying rolls & the recipient of the rolls prints stuff for the group ? (Calling out EU because it’s cheaper to ship printed parts afterwards)

@mishrasubhransu If you got time, since you already have experience you might be a good recipient ? I got a good printer with metal heated bed and E3D hotend with direct feed, so can do stuff too but I’m more familiar with PETG kind of filament.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don’t think I have a lot of spare time these days.

BTW, TPU is very easy to print with direct drive, just order some and try it. It will work.

1 Like

@mishrasubhransu @niak what are your strategies for waterproofing your enclosures? Has anyone tried making the top solid, and a lid on the bottom side of the enclosure, so the seal is not in the normal path of water flow?

hey Iazarus,

its not going to be waterproof, although i plan on gluing the seams with something.

i have run out of black and waiting for re-supply. hopefully it comes tomorrow and i can continue the mammoth print job

I’ve been using SaintSmart TPU as well, since it’s one of the least flexible TPUs it’s supposed to be easy to print. On my CR10S Pro I had mixed results, usually have to print at 20mm/s, above that the filament will get stuck at the extruder.

I’d be worried about making an enclosure out of TPU. Since it’s flexible, during an impact it wouldn’t provide much protection to the cells and the electronics. Not only things could go up in flames but higher changes of something moving around inside.

What firmware modification (if any) did you need to do to get this running?

Just new esteps. I can enter that from the front console on ender 3

1 Like

Easy peasy! Thank you

do you have that bracket you’re using for this available anywhere?

here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Wqe5cSN0YP_VJ9aq2AHLdbNeF_549EJE?usp=sharing

The part cooling fan holder(pic below) and the duct is a work in progress, but the bracket+cable-support has been well tested.

setup

1 Like