3DServisas.eu V1 1:3 gear drive install on TB218

would love to know how these hubs and gummies compare to ABEC 107s on rough roads

1 Like

Thats 100% gummie :wink: U can see wheel hub spinning nicely :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice ethel ! Thanks for sharing the setup !!

So it is the only way to get those wheels … Anyway, I like it !! Now I take time to looks them in every detail, they’re gorgeous. And your build too, good ride :v:

1 Like

What do you mean?

Just that is exclusive with the complete kit, for 218mm TB truck. 3DS propose almost same set I think : But it is not the exact same the exclusive one for TB 218 and your geared drive : https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2408/6975/products/IMG_0478_600x.jpg?v=1536245361 But maybe I’m wrong.

I really need those kinds of good stuff ! The hub adapter I have to mount the Superstar hub on the Supercarve truck is really … weird (to not say bad)… Bud before any upgrade for those hubs, I’m just waiting to see what Haggyboard will propose (if I could go with 150/125mm wheel for my urban build). Anyway, can not wait to see the GB for the 9" hubs :blush:

We already sell them separately :wink:

1 Like

ok ! They’re the same !! …That is too bad for my wallet :rofl: I 1st need to see HM will cost the 9" and then if I could add this 200€ to get both … Did you know witch bearing are used with the option? I heard they are hard to set without a press? http://img.medicalexpo.fr/images_me/photo-mg/74048-9538998.jpg

Look at that gap between the hub adaptor and the bearing on my poor setup… Plus the driver roll like a snake :confounded:

1 Like

What size are those motors? I was thinking of doing something similar to this using parts I had lying around. A potential problem I have are the motors I’m planning to use: sk3 6374 which aren’t “true” 6374 because of the nipple.

TB 6374 motors. Think sk3 are slightly bigger. From the picture there looks like space.

Correction: I don’t believe sk3 6374 will fit space. Measured space between 3DS enclosures at 173mm and I believe 2x sk3 6374 motors are 174mm

If two sk3 are 174 then I believe you could just put one speed ring on each axle before installing the drives.

I do not think that will work as 3DS gear drive is a hub sleeve.

Exactly, if you put on a speed ring or two first it will force the drive out slightly giving you more space between the two drives.

1 Like

Or you can grab either Fatboy 230/240 hanger :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank makes a lot sense. Good option if you have sk3

I ordered 240 but received 230 :open_mouth::thinking:

1 Like

Shorting it out :slight_smile: Probably by mistake swapped with wrong order :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need to adjust the bushing and truck setup riptide 96a doesn’t turn for me. Need to add thicker grease to the gear drive and then I am taking this out with the group ride in SF city where the roads are shiit

I found better grease for the gear drive. I cleaned the old spray grease and applied liberally. The sound it makes is similar to a belt drive train, not too loud.

I changed my bushing to 90a and took off a riser. That was a mistake lol. I had major wheel bite. I had to end group ride early.

3 Likes

@3DServisas @Kug3lis how much would replacement spur gears cost for the FB 1:3 TB gear drives?

1 Like