4wd escs and motors for cheap

I mean I’ve abused the fuck out of their hub/esc combo through thunderstorms, literally constantly at full throttle every time I ride, for like 1000 miles and it hasn’t broken. I don’t really see any cases of them breaking. I’d also call a FOCBOX in 10S3P Or lower Bulletproof too, the failure rate is just so low.

I should note the only cases ive ever seen were bad bearings in some of the really old CDM 90MM hubs, but even those were very few and far inbetween. I think there were a few cases but I haven’t heard anything about that recently

I should clarify I am saying they are bulletproof because as long as you use them within their ratings, they will never break (in my experience)

1 Like

I also like the fact that someone comes here asking about the kit he’s bought, only to be told he’s been scammed. Yes the owner is shitty, but the number of times people have Ordered a kit and then it has never come, then they have not gotten a refund is really goddamn low if at all. I try to say he isn’t being scammed, and my post is taken down :I

If you support vendors who have no respect for the DIY community and have “diy” in their name then you are the problem. The future of our endevours here are not based on cheap crap parts from vendors who don’t respect us.

If you are unable to understand that its fine, live happily in your ignorance. But please refrain from coming on this forum, which does not support diyeboard and in fact actively discourages buying cheap crap from them, and tell people it’s ok to buy from them. It’s not welcome.

Understand?

1 Like

Yes, get the message. Your post contained misinformation and members of the community flagged it. Hell I didn’t even flag it bud, that was people who understand what’s going on. You just need to catch up.

3 Likes

I’m super excited about reading this novel you are writing friend.

The components they are selling aren’t of a low quality, the vendor themselves are. The guy is just trying to know about if the components will work at the end of the day, and I am talking about the quality of the components only beyond the fact that he will very likely not been “Fully scammed” (He will get them)

Do you actually think these components are of a low quality when used within their ratings? Because DIY shouldn’t be inaccessible to lower budget builders. If you blanketly say everything from china is junk, you’re creating the idea that you have to spend a lot to get a lasting board which is just completely false, and puts a stupid restriction on who comes here. Literally please show me how these parts are bad, because you’re just spewing bullshit.

How am I supporting the vendor by assuring someone that he hasn’t just lost his money. Where have i said diyeboard is a good vendor here?

Words 4wd and cheap dont really go together… IMO you would be better off with a proper 2wd 6374 setup

2 Likes

Mine fried within 700 meters. That was with a pre-built board, no diy.

Search the diyeboard thread and you will come across posts where wires are burned and the ESCs overheat, along with frequent disconnects. Most esk8 reviews using this esc (comes as single and dual version too) talk about the poor performance in general. Compared to a flipsky dual 6.6, this thing is a joke…even when comparing dual to a 4wd. The dual will outperform the 4wd,.

2 Likes

Flipsky dual dosen’t exactly have a golden record either tbh, but the burned wire connectors yea ive seen that. It dosen’t actually break the ESC, you can just plug the wires back in, but yes that is a flaw. Also the jerky performance yes in the earlier models 100% it was jerky, but once you get used to it, for what you’re paying as low as 30$ in some cases, it works. If you’re heavier too, then it gets smoother out, but thats user specific.

Out of interest, what prebuilt was it? I haven’t ever tried the single version of the hub ESC

The trucks quite literally snap in half and break people’s bones

Go back and read, I didn’t say once that he would be scammed, you came out with that from nowhere and now you’re running with it like its gospel.

80% of the recommended products here come from China, you’re making things up again to support your invalid argument.

No, you prove they are good, everyone here already knows they are bad.

I said if you buy from the vendor and suggest other people buy from the vendor you are supporting them. Giving them money to continue operating and injuring people is the literal definition of support.

Support

I think you need to take a break, you’re completely spun around here buddy. Get a cup of tea or something.

1 Like

The trucks break -> Yea sorry I meant the hubs and ESCs* I said the belt trucks are shitty like a couple posts ago. in this thread.

Scammed comment -> Read 3rd thread comment. Was kind of in response to that, not related to you

China junk -> I mean the products that are directly from chinese retailers, I know TB Motors are from china, but they aren’t at the same time? Idk. I basically mean the hubs, escs and a select few other things that are actually good “alibaba” components

-> Its really hard to prove that the hubs are reliable, because people don’t tend to post about their 1000th mile on them. If you really want i could find threads of meepo v1s still kicking after x miles and things, but its easier to say there aren’t tons of posts about them breaking, and considering the number sold etc etc you get my point. I’ll backpedal a little on the ESC because it is jerky, and for lighter people I suppose thats a dealbreaker. The plastic that goes over them also does burn out, but its not actually a failure of the ESC, and you can just retape over the connection and secure it properly to fix it, the jerkyness it kind of goes over my head because im heavy. They still don’t break though.

-> I dont suggest anyone buys from them, I am assuring the poor guy he hasn’t had his money nicked

backpedal-500x270

1 Like

Oh the belt ESC. I don’t actually have too much experience with it, I have one but the motors came with a broken breaing or something (Still working after 400 miles anyway) (Replaced free tho :D) The ESC has been fine, but I really can’t call it bulletproof. Especially at higher amps (that board has those weird 6354 180kv motors right? there really aren’t many of those ESCs around that drive those motors).

Yes, and supposedly that was the superior version due to double layer pcb and big alu cooling block. They were indeed driving two properly sized (by now too small for me) motors. Just too much for that esc.

Ah yeah, the trucks also sucked along with the rims. All in the review.

1 Like

Oh god those trucks with no idlers or adjustment xD rip quality. I tell anyone who even posts those “Just get goddamn calibers and boardnamics”

1 Like

‎And beer.