£5 3D printed Abec 11 pulley and retainer for sale. No wheel or screws included

Left over from my skateboard project, I printed lots thinking they would wear out, but still going strong on the first pulley after 300 miles.

100% infill pla

I am also selling a set of 97mm Abec 11 clones.

how much for the wheels aswell?

@mmaner I was too harsh before so I’ll leave this one to you. what’s the correct procedure on duplicate threads?

1 Like

No biggy, I understand people have touchy issues. I just didn’t get the feeling that this guys was trying to actually steal a designa and profit it, just didn’t know its not cool to print and then sell someone else’s design.

Usually the mods either delete one or combine them. I don’t know the process. I would ask the mods directly.

1 Like

I’ll alert them:

@lox897 @barajabali

1 Like

@JuniorPotato93 's design is under a CC license, meaning it CANNOT be sold and made profit under. What you could do is only charge the exact cost you made it for, or just charge shipping.

If you do not follow this guideline and change the price, we will be forced to close the thread.

@anorak234 please link duplicate thread

@lox897 https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/36t-htd5m-16mm-abec-11-clone-pulleys-5-each-uk/25849

isn’t 5 bucks already quite close to any estimated costs he had for printing? At that price I actually feel like he is doing some guys a favor in offering this.

1 Like

Well I would print this for under $1 AUD… unless he’s using amazing PLA?

Seems he kinda wanted to offer this as a service and not selling spares…

Well his cost is not just filament right. Just like driving a car is not just costing gas.

That’s a different story then.

Either way this is a duplicate thread…

I’m not going to sell them any cheaper because eBay takes 13% of the fee and I got to pack them in a box, print labels etc. I found it really difficult to find pulleys delivered to the uk when I was new to this - it was always $12 dollars plus $10 shipping plus import charges - might be useful for someone new.

As it stands, I’ve still got 5 pulleys which I have to shift otherwise it’s wasted filament.

My printer is listed on 3D hubs - you can send whatever file you like to have printed. I’ve got no idea what the law is on lending your printer out but its supported by a large company so it seems legitimate. If you’re in the filton Bristol area, I can sort you out with some cheap prints.

Well as long as @JuniorPotato93 is fine with it I am too. The duplicate thread has been removed so that is no longer an issue.

1 Like

@lox897

The “No Commercial” license is for the 3D file, not for real objects printed with the file. He can charge $100 for the part and he would be both legally and morally in the clear.

If you disagree, consider this question: Is there anything wrong with someone downloading the STL file and uploading it to 3DHubs, and paying someone to print it for him? Surely we can agree that’s legal? What is the difference between that and a 3DHubber offering these parts already printed, at a discount because he is “mass printing” them?

I honestly don’t care 1 way or another about the wheel pulleys, I mean its only 5 bucks. But the statement you made is absolutely incorrect. If you download a model under the CC license you definitely CANNOT print and sell that object without the licensees permission. Just wanted to get that out there so there’s no confusion.

I’m not disagreeing with you…but there is a LEGAL difference and the difference offers protection to the licensee, which is why the license exists.

1 Like

I have no legal background nor any citations to back my claim - I’ll admit I was only using my own logic here… Still, I feel like my logic holds. You say:

Can you back that up? I fail to see where the difference is?

The standard Creative Common License is an Attribute, Non-Commercial, Share Alike license. That means you can use the content as long as you provide attribution and do not use the content commercially and share any changes/derivatives. There are multiple CC license models, some of which offer a commercial license, but the standard license does not.

Attribute is defined as “to regard as resulting from a specified cause; consider as caused by something indicated (usually followed by to)”. Commercial is defined as “primarily intended for commercial advantage or monetary gain”. Share Alike is defined as “If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original”.

Specifically, the license that @JuniorPotato93 uses at ThingiVerse (where the models were sourced) is the “Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)” You can read it here. This license allows you to share and adapt the content under the following terms…Attribution, Non-Commercial & Share Alike.

I’m not a lawyer, but I have strong Google-Fu and I like to stay informed and know the consequences of my actions.

Is that backed up enough for you?

1 Like

Yeah I guess that looks like a good answer.

• So would a 3D-hubber be in the wrong if they printed a part sent to them that happened to be a CC BY-NC-SA part? I think not.
  • If they advertised “Hey we will print any file from thingiverse for you!” would they be in the wrong then? I think not.
  • If they advertised “Hey we will print any file from thingiverse for you, for example this wheel pulley!” would they be in the wrong then? you say yes, but I’m still not convinced.

Edit: I admit I’m probably wrong! it’s just that I’m still not convinced.