A £30 SPOT WELDER --programmable Arduino style

I am building a 10s3p 30q pack. I have a fairly good soldering iron but worried about batteries getting hot and also wiring low gauge wire. If I were to plug in a high discharge lipo into this do you guys think it would weld nickel.

I hope it would be good. Thanks for any replies :grinning:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIGITAL-PROGRAMMABLE-SINGLE-DUAL-PULSE-SPOT-WELDER-TIMER-CONTROLLER-DISPLAY/273419802612?hash=item3fa91717f4:g:RJgAAOSwxllbITLb

I think this is for car battery spot welders

Shouldn’t matter - the voltage is what’s important. Too long pulse times might damage a lipo more than they would a car battery though. This particular welder needs an additional solenoid though to work

Oh right. Do you have any suggestions for a very cheap spot welder?. I was looking at making one like darkevind but a high amperage car battery is quite expensive. I have many lipid that I can use tho

Thanks I had already seen that. Have you used it. It’s quite a lot of money and I’m 15. Although I hope to build more batteries in the future. So might be a good investment​:grinning::call_me_hand:

yea i use this one and love it. used the sunkko as well, prefer the arduino one way better.

yea it’s not cheap especially when you add whatever battery it requires, whether it’s a lipo or car battery.

i’m afraid there’s no real cheap shortcut for this, maybe you can seek out a builder in your area and see if they can help you weld your pack together?

Ok. I’m going to have a look into it. Thanks for all the help :v: