A cool and different option for skateboard lighting

First off… i apologize if i do not post as well as others on here but i only joined this month and have 4 kids and a ton of projects so please bare with me as i post as i feel it has some good information! So please do not flag or leave negative comments on my post and if you do not like the idea please just move on! Thank you for understanding and I personally will leave any issues previous to the past! I tried to open 3 differnt posts here and i believe all 3 got shut down! But niw that i got that out of the way… Hey guys i am going to show you one idea I am using for lighting for electric skateboards that I think is a real good option for multiple different reasons! Starting with the fact that I do not like doing and using what everybody else copied off another and find different ideas to grow and expand while having an open idea such as these lights! I like the option of these lights because…

1. They are different than everything else i have seen!
  2. They are cheaper than the led strip lighting when actually physically trying to buy at local stores!
  3. The versatility is stagering!!! The lights are not designed for boards but yet are designed to be worn while night running and come with an elastic strap that makes them virtually able to be put almost anywhere in the matter of seconds!!!
  4. The lights are more durable and meant to bend and flex over and over and can take punishment better than any lighting strips… even my micro led strips I personally used which are the very best and brightest… running off of a 12v power supply and the micro lights were even covered in a clear rubber and made for automobiles but still still not hold up as any other strips i beat with gravel in the streets over the miles and broke all of the led strips I have tried through beating them but These lights here are a lot more heavy duty!!! So between looking cool… being bright… being so versatile to where you can take them off or move them from one place to the next or shape them around somthing, and can just put them on in under 5 seconds with the straps or take the straps off and use double sided tape or adhesive and permanently or semi permanently place them somewhere or just do as I do and have 100 options of how to use them that day!!! But these would look nice placed under or in rop of your board, or look cool if you decide to use on your arms or legs or shoes or wherever!!! Rider safety is number one and having lights that you can move to your arms is awesome because you arms or shoulder straps on a book bag are great places to put them! I thought it was worth trying to post it here for anyone interested in a different option of lights!!! And if you want any other info about them or anything else just message me
2 Likes

You never mentioned what these lights are called, or where you got them?

I found a set here a few weeks back and grabbed them. The store was called Lee Valley Tools here in Canada :canada: Very cheap as I recall maybe 4.99 CAD. They take those CRxxxx batteries. Green for my front leg and red for the back. The top of your deck looks dope :+1:

1 Like

Wow, those are really nifty :smiley:

1 Like

Oh yea! These are like those light clips for shoes, but more flexible, and I guess you can stick them everywhere, on or under your board, on your bag, helmet etc. You can never have too much visibility at night, unless they involve blasting light in someone else’s eyes… Then that is too much.

1 Like

. The lights are “EVERLAST” and $4.49 I believe or Walmart for similar price and if anyone is interested I have a video showing 3 different lighting options for riding and throne is an awesome idea!a power bank!!!

Thank you and red and green in front n back? I love that idea!!! That is what I am saying… good price and outside the box a little bit for the board but with imagination you can wear them 50 different ways in one day if you wanted!!! And the deck was hand done last week and I have a ton of videos on it and a lot of other projects at BUFFALO ESKATE that shows and teaches a lot of different things but a couple people did not like that I left links to the projects but if you want you can go and check it out there or message me and I will give u or anyone else that wants the link

Thank you I agree and the amount of places you can you while riding makes them great plus the durability is way up there compared to led strips so just a different option for some people

1 Like

Did u see them on shoes in a video? If so … that was me like 8months ago!!! Lol

1 Like

Hey man feel free to post links. This post, how you are interacting with the community, is what I meant. It’s positive. Not just , “look at me and subscribe”.

You’ve got it, we are interested. Just keep it like this, no getting upset. Just sharing, keeping topic duplication to a minimum, and communicating with potential viewers. Just remember, this is pretty strong community of builders, we want to know, and talk, share ideas.

Post up your videos man, and do your call to actions in your videos instead of your posts. I promise, it will grow. Strategy on Forums differ from media’s like Facebook, IG, Snap Chat etc. Especially when your trying to push people to YouTube. Just remember to interact with us… We’re people too not just drones watching YouTube all day. :slight_smile:

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

These are the best and I show how I wired with a smoke alarm 9v connector and a 9v each and they are the very brightest strips at that point already, but can handle a 12v rechargeable battery and be 33% brighter but it is literally to bright!!! No joke it is like a movie and people lean away and shield their eyes bright!!! Lol

1 Like

I would astray shred lights are brighter than these lights but all of these lights are the most budget friendly lights that exist

That was last that is the last link and end of my post unless anyone has any questions but every light I tried last summer is on one of the 3 videos and show the best deals and prices and how to wire the bright car light strips and will have a couple really cool lighting ideas as soon as I can get it done but to be honest the head lights are super cheap but not as bright as shred lights or the little 12automobile lights we use with that is worth a postcard than these lights as those are a fun project… will be the brightest lights on a board … even beats out shred lights and can charge them and go a month or more using them riding every night!!! And 12v lights for automobiles are the brightest I have ever seen no matter what type you use!!! My FAV!!!

1 Like