A design that makes every skateboard an electric skateboard in minutes

Haha I see what you did there :joy:

True that. Drill a hole through wheels even though itā€™s not great. And welding motor mounts onto different trucks can work. I thinkā€¦

There are at least 6 models of wheels that have hollow cores that you wouldnā€™t have to drill, who knows how many trucks and several ways to mount motors is my point.

It looks like something iā€™d expect to find under the fabric of some expensive recliner or sofa bed.

just throwing it out there. the electric skateboard company Mellow is advertising this same concept turning a normal deck into an electric skate board. http://www.mellowboards.com/

Only downside is mellowā€™s price point is way too high. Itā€™s a 99wh pack if I remember correctly and they want about $1500 for it.

1 Like

@psychotiller

The people who would want this simple device to easily turn your skateboard electric are not the same ones who would diy a mount onto trucks and wheels they already hadā€¦

if you had the resources and ability to make your own mount and drive system, then I highly doubt youā€™d be looking at this product anyways.

things like the tool free design, and easy mounting of components are all marketed for people who donā€™t want to do it themselves, and would rather just have it work out of the box.

so no, I donā€™t think flywheels + caliber trucks are the only way to go; itā€™s just that the people buying this type of thing are in no way the same as someone who makes everything from scratchā€¦

get off my lawn. lol

There are always people doing customization. Some go further than others. Some are willing to deal with nuts, bolts and gears. Some are happy with slapping on a finished product. We are just talking about different audiences.

The big problem you face is THIS website IS about building electric skateboardsā€¦ everyone here IS interested in building electric skateboardsā€¦ tools donā€™t scare them.

So maybe this place is not your target audienceā€¦

Maybe pull this contraption apart and detail how it works, with photos, so we can better appreciate it.

Also. Just regarding the $300 price pointā€¦ i think quality is at risk when targeting this price point.

1. Cheap china motor. $45
  2. Cheap china lipo, say 6S 10AH. $110
  3. Cheap china ESC, $70-80

So we are at $225 alreadyā€¦ I assume your mounting hardware has a cost? I would guess in small scale maybe $50

So $275ā€¦

What about a remote control? $20 Components housing $20-30

$300 is not viable.

With all those parts i am suprised with the price tag. Itā€™s not so bad. I only wish it looked better.

I donā€™t think youā€™d have a problem selling it for $400 either; still cheaper than pre-made board alternativesā€¦

ya, the only negative is aesthetics, but Iā€™d say that can changed with a little tweaking-

I also agree with @onloop- your target audience is the inexperienced skater who just wants to convert his normal board to an eboard with zero hassle. This is the kinda thing though thatā€™d Iā€™d recommend to one of my friends who wants an eboard, but is clearly the type who could never build one himself (because of laziness/no time when youā€™re in highschool)

I have never used caliber trucks or flywheels on any of my builds.

1 Like

Does no body remember kickr looks like the same concept but kickr had a successful Kickstarter because it looked really nice!

I did the same thing years ago with parts around the house and broken alien drive system mounts

To bad kickr is dead now

Haha yes very sad what did they do with my money lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to know. I want to use the gear that came with my board.I prefer the convenience of a smaller package. Will be stalking your page