A motor question before I pull the trigger

Found his video tutorial:

Lol, forget Google, I shall just bother you for an eternity now!

Thank you, youā€™ve been super helpful!

No problem. This forum has taught me a metric shitton of stuff and everyone has been super helpful, so Iā€™m just trying to give back where ever I can :slight_smile:

Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to pass it forward. Iā€™ll look out for someone with a dremel though from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=195&v=t6V4nBUFeYk it looks like I only need to do one side instead of both?

Ah yes, one side for single motor. Both sides for dual motors

I believe the main purpose of Chakaā€™s thread on correct motor kv and voltage is to avoid exceeding the Vesc erpm limit, not necessarily finding the best balance of torque/speed. So, itā€™s basically giving you the upper safe limit. Also, when you calculate for erpm, you need to use full charge voltage, not nominal voltage. A 9s Lipo at full charge will be 37.8v 8570rpm/37.8v=226kv

You strike again! thanks @Namasaki!

Iā€™m the type of person who needs reasons behind decisions. Thanks for this one, its helped clear up my head a little.

1 Like

Still waiting to see 6s vs 12s efficiency with same motors with the 12s having duty cycle limited to 47.5. Such an easy test but my battery is soldered together With also no wind, a circle course and measuring the distance traveled till 100watthours spent. That would be the clincher.

I am not sure who exactly has said this but Iā€™ve seen it a few places. But the I just remembered that for 10s 180-190kv was best(because my board is a 10s)

with the esc running close to the erpm limit it is most efficiency. how efficient is still to be seen.

What would you recommend? I live in the UK and options are limited.

Have you checked out alienpowersystems?

Does this rule apply to hub motors as well? Im ordering a 90mm 60kv hub motor using a 10s2p battery.

Yes but Iā€™ve been warned about how difficult it can be to find pulleys with 10mm bores and since options are limited here I decided to opt for the SK3 motor.

Fair enough, I havenā€™t ordered from them. The shipping was $60 to the US so that was a no go.