A theory on hill-climbing: MASSIVE 12s LIPO's, FOC, dual 6374, and the c-word

I get ya. Epoxy is definitely stronger, but in this application I’m finding fibreglass perfect. I’ve been running my polyester fibreglass enclosure for quite a while now. I even used a single layer version originally with no splitting or cracking. I now use a mixture of 2-3 layers depending. @Namasaki I’d love to send you an enclosure for your lips packs if I could work out some reasonable shipping. Kind of giving back for your good lipo work!

I appreciate the offer, I’m currently using abs enclosures from psycotiller and they are holding up really well for me. You could help my friend @PatRocks out with an enclosure though. He needs one badly and I would appreciate that just as much. BTW, your enclosures do look really good.

2 Likes

@PatRocks pm me and let me know what you need. I’ll see what I have that can help you out.

2 Likes

@PatRocks Would you mind sharing your vesc settings? I have a similar setup- dual Focboxes, 6374 motors, 10s5p LiPos, albeit on 8" tires. I’m also aiming for torque over speed, it’d be nice to have a good staring point to compare settings to.

Sensored foc; mc:60/-60; bc:60/-20

1 Like

Sensored foc; mc:60/-60; bc:60/-20 Curious about 10s5p Lipo’s… What exactly are you taking about? 50 cells LiCoO2 (18650s)?

Correct about the batteries. 36 volts, 12ah. Since this is my first build, as well as vesc setup, I’m not planning on touching FOC at all, gonna stick with bldc, and probably going to do split y connector too.

Just as curious as @pat.speed to know how you acquired your batteries as I’m looking yo upgrade my board for speed and hill climb abuse (only tiny hills where I live). Considering between a 12S5P or 6P Li ion pack (big for a 40" deck with dual drive) or high capacity lipo.

https://www.genstattu.com/tattu-plus-22000mah-22-2v-25c-6s1p-lipo-smart-battery-pack-with-as150-xt150-plug.html#

https://www.genstattu.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=desc&limit=all&order=capacitys&q=tattu

@pat.speed @High-roller : Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/192304804991

The as150 connectors are amazing and simple.

1 Like

wasn’t this like $118? It’s $194 now :frowning: shudda pulled the trigger!

DAMN!! I bought 2 more just a few days before I posted this thread. I would suggest that you make an offer for two at like $100-120 each.

offered $120 x 3. lol, I’m not sure if I want a yes or a no.

Haha, I know that feeling. Good luck!

Oh shit he accepted. Here we go!

NICE!! I definitely recommend that you get a set of the as150 connectors. They’re awesome. A little tricky to solder, but super straightforward once you get familiar with the interface. Hit me up if you have any questions about them. I’m always glad to help

I was considering switching them out to XT150, but yeah, I’ve been eyeing these connectors and I’ll probably just feed my connector hording problem.

Is the antispark part on the battery side? As in, can I get away with buying just 7mm bullets, if such things exist? From photos of AS150 it looks like it’s on the male part, so 50% chance?

I wonder if these are real… $1.70 per set, doesn’t say Amass in the listing…

Ah hell looks like Tarot and Amass might be somehow related. At $1.70/set it’s cheaper than XT150. I’ll stock up…

EDIT looks like above are not complete set – aliexpress has listings for each of the types of connector.

AS150 sparking plug / one pair TL2911 AS150 ESC end plug / band resistance TL2912 AS150 battery terminal plug group / no resistance TL2913

Can’t find them cheaper than $5/set

https://www.amazon.com/Cheerwing®-Amass-Anti-Spark-Connector-Bettery/dp/B00PLHRDCA/

Going with the ebay. Hope the links help someone.

As for the batteries, quick googling tells me Gens Tattu is perhaps industrial application. They say full capacity for 200 cycles, then reduced capacity for 400 more cycles. If we’re charging twice a month, that’s 24 cycles a year. And if we charge to 4.1v/cell these will probably last forever. Weirdly it says 1C max charge, but that’s 22amps, which seems like a lot but also not so much? Lol the scale is confusing.

1 Like

They’re not cheap but they’re worth it. The ability to connect your batteries in series and then disconnect and put them on the charger is awesome. The batteries do not come with the anti spark connector. In my configuration I have three sets. One set connects the batteries to the controllers, and two sets connect the batteries to the charger. Since you’re going to be running three batteries you’ll probably need four.

The plastic Shield has a coupling that prevents cross polarization to some extent. It took me a little while to figure out which one is for which connector male / female.

Just got my 2nd set!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

9 Likes

Did you buy the used ones? In one of the pictures of the used ones on eBay it looks kinda puffed is that just the photo?