A Three-wheel Design: Custom Deck, 13s4p

The wheel up front always seemed more aesthetic to me even though it might not be the most stable.

I really wanted the 3SK8 to ride like a skateboard. With the trucks up front you get a true skate feel. Having the 48v motor push from behind is pretty bad ass :]

anymore details on the remote? Assuming its compatible to vesc running off UART? How do you config the display?

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/a-remote-project/97580 I made a post for the remotes. They are made to work with VESC. The throttle signal goes through PPM and data over UART. The screen is set up by way of a settings menu.

1 Like

@Ixf I have a full build tutorial that I’m working on over at under “A Race Remote Project”.

ah beautiful, I love it.

So I’ve been using the metr Pro for the last couple of weeks. The average Wh/mil is about 21. I climbed 1200 verticle feet in 15 minutes with an average of 26Wh/mil. 1.5 wh/mil on the way down. It was 100 F out that day. I was kind of surprised that my board made it to the top non-stop. Also, I was really happy that my breaks didn’t take a crap on the way down. My burst current reading peaks out around 50A. The running current is right around 20A. I can get to almost 30mph on flat ground real quick, and it will haul up a hill at 26mph.

I’m starting to work with some burly 16s ESCs and 60v motors. The next gen is going to be a casket on three-wheels :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: