ABEC 107mm Belt Size?

This picture below has a similar setup to what you want.

107mm wheel, 16/36 gearing, 280mm belt and same motor mount.

You can see I have enough clearance, but 280mm is about the maximum you can use for this gearing and motor mount.

2 Likes

If you use the 36T Metroboard pulleys maybe try 275mm belts

1 Like

Beautiful! Ok so your saying I need to get 280mm? Or that 265mm will work but will be tight? Also Just curious what Press fit pulley are you using? I bought MetroBoard ones that I’m waiting on. What do you think about that or should I return for something else?

Get 275-5M-15 because you can see the 280mm has the motor all the way back at the end of its adjustment range

2 Likes

Hey yeah it does…

1 Like

Where do I buy some?

vbeltsupply under “synchronous timing belts” is where I go but you can get them many places. People on this forum also sell them.

Here’s one https://www.bbman.com/catalog/product/275-5M-15

1 Like

I am using the modular pulleys from BKB. As for the Metroboard pulleys, I haven’t really had any experience with it but I know they are high quality. It’s possible you will have to file a few millimeters from your hanger.

I have the Metroboard pulleys, any specific questions just ask. You will need to do this with regular Caliber2 hangers (but not CaliberE or TB218 or Supercarve hangers)

Don’t forget the custom spacers you need with the metroboard pullies also…you need more than just the pulley.

Ok so I have the TB 218mm. What else do I need? Where do I get them? Do you think I should keep the MB pulleys or I could return them and wait until the end of this month and get he modular pulleys for BKB?

The metroboard pulleys aren’t bad but I prefer other ones that are insert-style and don’t use bolts. They are fine if that’s what you have.

I totally agree that’s why I wanted. Isn’t that the type that the MB pulleys are? Can you recommend some insert-style ones? As of now I’m using the Torque Board ones with bolts which I hate…

Hey yeah that’s what I’m thinking :(. So basically do it by hand? I’d be down it just takes a while lol…

The Metroboard ones are insert, so are the 3D Servisas ones (@Kug3lis) and the bkb ones (@JLabs ) and I think electricboardsolutions (@e.board_solutions)

Not sure if there are more. Evolve are, but they aren’t metal so they don’t count.

I prefer the not-Metroboard ones because the Metroboard ones use 2 bearings – 1 in the wheel and one in the pulley – where all the other ones use 3+ – 2 in the wheel and 1 (or more) in the pulley

But the Metroboard ones work just fine.

1 Like

Ok cool I’ll give the Metroboard ones a shot! So what accessories do I need to made them work? You mentioned something about custom washers?

Nothing extra, they should come with the necessary spacers.

Yes there are spacers you need. They should come with them.

20190102_020826

20190102_020653

The spacer is an aluminum washer that’s 8mm inner diameter, 10.4mm outer diameter, and 27.5mm thick

I suppose if you had enough skate speed washers you could use about 27 of those instead, all next to one another on the axle.

1 Like

haha I think the included spacers should be enough. Does it come with bearings or will I need to reuse the ones I have? Any recommendations for bearings?

If the only bearings you have are the ones in your bored I would go ahead and order a set of Reds. it’s always good to have backups.

1 Like

Ok what are Reds?