About Ronin trucks

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Possibly, not knocking your design and kudos for actually doing it but it is a large unknown, stock Ronins with stock bushing are not known for mishandling at 20mph or being wobbly at all, Iā€™d factor that along with the other things coming up, a spare commerical skateboard deck is easy/cheap to find out.

IThatā€™s exactly what I was talkin about. The offset between the pivot a is and hanger axle is called rake! You were talkin about making the hanger wider. This also changes its characteristics! But you are right, with no experience in other trucks and setups (which tbh most eboarders donā€™t care about) it is pretty damn hard to know what XYZ setup will feel like.

Ok I think Iā€™ll look for some deck for testing purpose. Thanks :wink:

1 Like

I understand what rake is. Question was can Ronin hanger (bushing seat, thatā€™s the name?) can be done in a way that you could use it both ways?

Maybe but then you change everything. If you want high stability and less agility what I understood is going for zero rake

no, have a look at your hangar and the queen pin cup. If there was a cup also on the flip side it would just be a holeā€¦

1 Like

Fā€¦ Ok that was a stupid question. Iā€™ll just stick to straight copy for start. Thanks!!!

Happy to report that put some washers to de-wedge rear truck and itā€™s amazing haw little angle change has positive effect! Next step is the bushing change. As this shows that my deck shape is not bad but I understood what can be better:) Thank you for all advice!

1 Like

Just curious what is your total deck height @LukePL

ground -> bottom Ground -> griptape.

To be precise itā€™s to high :slight_smile: This prototype os not finished do maybe it wasnā€™t a good idea to test it but on the other hand I learned something. I can measure that when I get back home if you want @Deckoz

1 Like

Height is a subjective thing, so letā€™s hear it :slight_smile:

Ground to bottom is 100mm and ground to griptape is 125mm. So I think that it can be 15mm less in both cases. Will that make a difference?

Thatā€™s not that tall for a top mountā€¦ Thatā€™s actually about average.

Decreasing your grip tape level is just going to decrease the distance of leverage (top of deck to pivot point)

Less leverage = less twitchy, but harder to lean into turns due to the decrease in leverage.

I would stick to the suggestion of others

• dewedge rear
  • bushing changes
  • cup changes.

You should be able to tune that board fairly easily.

If you really are set on dropping itā€¦ I would mill baseplate cutouts to sink the trucks farther into your AIO deckā€¦but that may result in wheelbite and the need to increase the size of your wheelwells

2 Likes

Thanks for advices! That was the plan to mill spots for base plates. Donā€™t have wheelwells and wheel bite is brutal but they are also in a line to be made. I want to make it as low as possible because you can always go up easy if there is a need.

1 Like

Is this normal?

1 Like

I believe so it looks like it is just the cupped washing rubbing the hanger.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what it is but is it normal o should I buy harder bushings?

2 Likes

Talk to @Alphamail of what he would recommend as he know everything about bushings

2 Likes

What width hanger is that Luke? The new narrower 160mm hangers might have a more open bushing dish from the photoā€™s. But you have what you have. Either firm up the bushing or try flipping the cup washer so it acts as a regular flat washer. It might give you less compression on the bushing and make it worse by allowing more lean or it might give you that bit of clearance you need. Is it happening front and back or just front? A lot of people like to flip the roadside front washer anyhow so it is worth a try to see if you like it.

https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net/images/738515/212723537.jpg

1 Like