Absolutely not strong enough - what went wrong?

I made this one…

Battery: Samsung 18650 6s6p Motor: Racestar 5065 140kv Focbox

It can barely move it self. And a person on it… forget it.

Have I overlooked anything? Shouldn’t it be working? Can I tweek anything in bldc tool to make it work? What might need to be upgraded?

This is full throttle

2 Likes

Post your vesc settings.

1 Like

kv to low for the voltage that it’s given that thing won’t go past 5mph that as well motor to small and it’s single drive on pnumatics

3 Likes

Single 5065? That’s way too small isn’t it?

EDIT: I think @Exiledd_Top found the problem.

1 Like

I took one motor off my evolve bamboo and it was fine. Took me up pretty steep hills no problem.

2 Likes

that’s a esc vs a vesc, dout it will work out u will burn that evolve motor out

1 Like

I rode my Carbon GT on one motor while the ESC was half-broken and it also was fine. The performance was extremely underwhelming and you had to run in GT mode, but it worked fine and went up hills. That’s 10S with a single 150kv 5065

? I mean that I tested to see if a single motor could run pnumatics by taking the belt of one of the motors on my evolve. Worked fine.

I am thinking the kv here could be the problem ?

We need to see the screen to see if your PPM input is going all the way to 100% as well

1 Like

So maybe its the 6s thats the problem?

1 Like

Yup either he needs a higher KV motor or a higher voltage battery.

Also what kind of gearing is he running? It doesn’t look like the motor is even spinning that fast tho for 100% throttle.

140KV and 6S sounds a bit odd, for 6S i would go with something like 270KV

Also 5065 wont give you enough torq to go much faster.

If I were you I would set the erpm limit to 60k and -60k. 100k is fine on better hardware(vesc6).

I will make a video a little later.

1 Like

Will try that.

Change your motor (to 63xx) and your gearing.

Your battery cutoff is above 6s at full charge :thinking:

3 Likes

That just means new motor mount as well. Hope I can do something without changing all that. If at all possible

aahhh… will look in to that