Ackmaniac vs METR/PERIMETR VESC Software Tools

What’s the difference between the two applications ? Any advantage of using one over the other?

Similarities pointed out so far:

• Both are accessible via Bluetooth Modules

• Both have Telemetry viewing capabilities.

Differences:

• Ackmaniac is Android only

• Metr/Perimetr is iOS and Android

Edit: Also turning this into a Wiki for public contribution. Better to have everything on the top post than scattered throughout the thread.

METR plugs into your vesc and gives you telemetry on the go (on your phone)

@Ackmaniac is just vesc firmware and tools (modified) and lets you do a whole lot of cool things. No telemetry on your phone out of the box. Check out his thread for more info.

@Ackmaniac also has an app for bluetooth telemetry :wink:

1 Like

Darn… I figured i missed something… xD

1 Like

"Both METR and Ackmaniac’s plug into your vesc and gives you telemetry on the go (on your phone)

@Ackmaniac vesc firmware and tools (modified) and lets you do a whole lot of cool things. It has telemetry on your phone right out of the box Check out his thread for more info."

Fixed that for you dude. :wink:

1 Like

+1 kudos for you dude. Thanks :grin::+1:

For anyone who’s reading this… Ignore my initial comment xD

with metr you need to buy their bluetooth module, i think there’s a mac address lock on it.

ackmaniac’s you can source your own hm10 bluetooth module.

maybe metr has some better visual like the graph built into the app, but ackmaniac’s outputs raw data to csv which you can then export to a visualizer after your ride.

1 Like

Mets is a fancy looking one but its paid, ackmaniack has also an app it does the job amazing but is not as nice looking as metr but it does the job great and its free so who cares

I see , thank you for all the replies. I’ll be editing the title/question since My true question is Ackmaniac vs Metr/Perimetr

Edit: also made the thread a wiki , edit away at your leisure.

1 Like

Also Ackmaniac app it’s only for Android

Which is the best thing in the world. Open source is nothing to be ashamed of. :wink:

1 Like

Where’s the wiki?

Edit: ooh, did not know this functionality existed!

Wtf no one uses the video overlay?