Ackmaniacs FW; Let's talk throttle curves!

That is correct. Acceleration or brakes at lower speed are more dramatic without the curve, meaning 25% throttle = 25% power. With the throttle curve lower speeds become more controllable and comfortable when 25% throttle = 12.5% power, or whatever is most comfortable to you

At higher speeds the throttle increase/decrease is far less dramatic so you make up the difference there.

Does that make sense? I’m not sure it does but it’s the best I can come up with :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Wow. I just changed both throttle expo and throttle brake to -25%. I can’t believe I didn’t try this sooner. I also changed my battery regen to -15 from -10. (12S single drive 6374)

With the 2.4ghz Nano remote and very short ride it already seems 100x better. With the thumb wheel it is now so much easier to modulate the throttle.

Feels like I’m finally finished with this board. Well not exactly, still need bluetooth module and would like to upgrade to a focbox. Lol I guess we never stop tinkering right. It needs to stop raining up here in the northeast so i can just go out and ride.

3 Likes

Yeah. I think I said that like 100 times per board

6 Likes

Ya i found that out the hard way HAHA. Been playing a bit with the curve to mellow out. I’m getting close. I’ll post once it’s there.

1 Like

Would someone mind providing me some guidance?

When I release the thumb wheel, causing it to return to centre, the board rapidly decreases in speed almost throwing me off the front.

What setting do I need to tweak to make this a more gradual, smooth transition? Cheers

positive and negative ramping time. try positive with 0.6s and negative with 0.5s. adjust accordingly.

1 Like