Advice about mounting batteries

Hey all, I am building an electric skateboard for the first time and am trying to build quite a high end one that will either match, or be better than a carbon gt that my friend has got. I know that’s a tall order and I am thinking dual belt motors from diyelectricskateboards.com - maybe 2500w each. And i am thinking of mounting 2 10s4p Space cell 4 batteries underneath, or 2 similar ones from DIY. One for each motor. I am trying to make sure the voltage is enough for each motor. (Thinking of connecting one battery to each VESC from enertion. The issue I have is that the Space Cell 4 enclosure will only fit one battery, and I am unsure of how to mount both these battery packs under the board while still having access to the charging port, screen, and power switches. I don’t particularly want to do too much wiring if I can avoid it. If I had to build my own enclosure, what would you suggest for a relatively easy, weatherproof, solution? Or is 2 battery packs to much for a 50km range? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Problem is that those battery packs have built in switch and meter. So if you stack them, how will you access the switch and meter on the bottom pack? For this project you might want to consider a custom battery.

2 Likes

It will be heavy like hell (2x2.25kg just the batteries)!!! Why not building one from scratch or split a 10s4p into 2x10s2p (+extra BMS)? I would sacrify range over weight rather than carrying a 10kg board around (which sometimes can’t be avoided).

1 Like

I think a kydex enclosure would be relatively easy.

2 Likes

Thanks all for your suggestions!. I like the idea of custom ordering my battery. Think I might do that.