Advice for fitting a battery

Hi there. I currently own a 34 inch Poke deck by loaded, and I wanted to convert it to electric. I bought the Enertion space cell (without the case) for the board. The Poke deck has a 20.75" wheelbase so the battery will fit pretty well… but the problem is the deck is flexy… so, can I use a very rigid battery case to make it so my deck doesn’t flex and hurt the battery? If so, is there one that is sold? And if not, how could I make my own? (I’m not super crafty)

You don’t want the enclosure being the thing supporting your weight. If you want a rigid deck, it’s better to reinforce it to make it stiff with CF + epoxy or something similar.

Thanks for the reply. How hard would that be to do?

also, the space cell need around 22" to get a good clearance and as @Jinra said : [quote=“Jinra, post:2, topic:13357”] You don’t want the enclosure being the thing supporting your weight [/quote]

He got it without the enclosure, so it’s a bit shorter than the 22" of the actual Space Cell Pro.

Right. And, I got Carvon single hub motor trucks, so that won’t consume much space.

ok…(my mistake it is the space for the raptor) sorry then… but still like @Jinra said: [quote=“Jinra, post:2, topic:13357”] You don’t want the enclosure being the thing supporting your weight [/quote]

so you need a rigid board like 9 ply maple…

Yeah… :frowning: I just really like my loaded Poke. I wish there was another way around it. What about making an over sized battery case? to leave room for the board to flex

The problem with loaded decks. Bamboo is too flexible. What you really need is a thick Maple deck with concave. Here are some really affordable options.

http://www.funboxdist.com/store/top-mount-longboard-decks/

I know (you like your board and, it is a really nice board)… but in the electric sk8board game you need stiff board, especially if your using 18650 batteries… like space cell use.

1 Like

The only other option would be to do a split design like a boosted board, but you wouldn’t be able to use your space cell. You have to decide between the battery and the deck

1 Like

Boosted is the only eboard that I know of that uses a flexible deck and they sacrificed range by using a small battery to do it.