Advice on Trampa battery build :)

Hey, building my first Trampa and also my first li-on pack. Have dealt with lipos for a long time but this is new :slight_smile: .

Ordered a eBoosted 20700B enclosure and going with a 12s4P obviously the cells will be like in the picture on their site but not 100% on the strips.

1. How thick nickel strips is recommended?
  2. When doing the serial connections will 12AWG (input about thickness?) soldered over the length of 2 cells be good? Will spot weld the nickel then solder the cable at least thats the idea atm.
  3. Where to get nickel preferably in EU? Read a lot about that Nkon got a shit batch so not 100 I dare to order there. Maybe someone have tested them lately?
  4. Insulation! Fish paper that completely cover the packs then shrink wrap over (tip on eu seller with large shrink wraps is welcome)?
  5. Ordered a BMS but didn’t include a long cable for the cells so would love to get a tip on where I can get one with like 1M of cable so I dont need to extend them also preferably in EU?

If the price difference is huge I can order them in China but the Swedish post (we call them postmurder) takes a retarded 8$ fee on packages that comes from none EU country’s so need to take that into consideration.

0.2mm recommended but I’ve found 0.15mm pure nickel is also good

Use 2 16AWG silicone wires to connect P-Groups

I’ve heard good things about eu.nkon.nl nickel strips

Not necesary, you just need to use fish paper between pgroups, between nickel and cell body, between wires and cells and rings around positive lead to be on the safe side

Use the 22awg variant from here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TUOFENG-Electronics-Different-Temperature-Resistance/dp/B07G715HYY/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=24awg+silicone+wire&qid=1567884490&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRDlQRFNLM0xJTk9FJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDY5NTA4MkRZQ0VVV01KOFBHVyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTMwNDQwT1hXTlE3TFBOSFZZJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Perfect! Thanks :slight_smile: Nkon had a batch of nickel plated strips was a big thread about it just a day ago hence my worrying with that :slight_smile:

Will get some 16awg cable to then!

Cant wait to start assembling it :smiley:

Is 10mm wide plenty? Next step is 25mm… They dont seem to sell 12 or 15mm wide

test the nickel before you use it. salt water test.

Sorry about that, I think that thread pointed to a bad batch only

Yea I think so to will order and hope for the best :slight_smile: Will do the salt water test of course

ok so got a quick reply from nkon when the 0.20mm 10mm wide strips will be back in stock and the answer was 8weeks cause of the steel batch :disappointed_relieved:

So will need to look elsewhere for this time being. Any one got a recommendation on a solid supplier within eu? :slight_smile:

Buy it from China, it’ll be sooner than 8 weeks definitely

1 Like